Author Topic: Karma and Badges processing is ready  (Read 71660 times)

REDACTED

Re: Karma and Badges processing is ready
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 08:52:55 AM »
Hello kello05. Great to hear, that you recommended Avast to the others. But you will get your karma points (and badge) when someone will really install Avast using your recommendation link and will really use it. I see that nobody has used your recommendation link yet.

Offline keloo05

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:31 AM »
Hello kello05. Great to hear, that you recommended Avast to the others. But you will get your karma points (and badge) when someone will really install Avast using your recommendation link and will really use it. I see that nobody has used your recommendation link yet.

Something must be wrong, because I personally installed Avast on two of my friend's PC's using my recommendation link. I even connected them to an Avast Account in the hope that I will receive my badge and karma. Is there another request other than installing Avast and runing it?

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
Hello

I got a link to this thread from the non-english-zone (German).

I have some trouble with my license for Avast. I recommended 21 friends but I only got 2 licenses. Waiting for some weeks to get the 3rd and last license, but it didn't appear. What should I do? Can anyone help me?

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »
Something must be wrong, because I personally installed Avast on two of my friend's PC's using my recommendation link. I even connected them to an Avast Account in the hope that I will receive my badge and karma. Is there another request other than installing Avast and runing it?

Hi keloo05,

Can you please provide more details about the link you used?
avast generating 1 link, but eventually there are 3 different links which result in one installation file.
Will you please provide your installation file name?
I think it should be something like avast_free_antivirus_setup_[your tag ID].exe (while you should replace your tag ID instead of [your tag ID]).

In addition, please look at these messages:
In my Avast Account page there's an option to send a download link with my tag so avast will register my recommendation and grant me extra karma points and a free Internet Security license after a number of downloads.

Add 1. It actually doesn't matter which link you will use to get karma points. All that links points to add your recommendation id to the Avast installer.
Add 2. I don't think it's possible.

@matej.plch, thanks a lot for your quick answer.
I just want to notify that although I'm using one of these links the file that is downloaded is avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe and not avast_free_antivirus_setup_uYWvX8Ua.exe.
So again, as you said, I should be credited?
The installation somehow recognizing this, although it seems that the generic online installation file is downloaded?

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »
It's only little bit confusing URL naming. The recommendation number is included and you can find it in avast5.ini after installation.

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 02:52:07 PM »
Hello

I have some trouble with my license for Avast. I recommended 21 friends but I only got 2 licenses. Waiting for some weeks to get the 3rd and last license, but it didn't appear. What should I do? Can anyone help me?

We have to improve this screen. There is some complex logic which is initiated on button click. And button text must be improved. Please click on the button, refresh page and you will see right expiration date.

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 03:06:36 PM »
Hello

We have to improve this screen. There is some complex logic which is initiated on button click. And button text must be improved. Please click on the button, refresh page and you will see right expiration date.

Ah perfect. thank you ;)

Offline keloo05

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »

Hi keloo05,

Can you please provide more details about the link you used?
avast generating 1 link, but eventually there are 3 different links which result in one installation file.
Will you please provide your installation file name?
I think it should be something like avast_free_antivirus_setup_[your tag ID].exe (while you should replace your tag ID instead of [your tag ID]).

I logged in to my account and copy-pasted the link into the browser: http://www.avast.com/get/dQ3Mw0WR, and I eventually got avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe. I think that's something wrong with my ID because I can't find it in avast5.ini.

Code: [Select]
[Common]
AccountEmail=HIDDEN FROM SPAM
AccountUID=FqZATTc5dihsksvj
AccountUpdate=1
AccountUpdateInterval=180
AccountUserID=qmQZRKeAxCRhqP3k

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 08:09:49 AM »
I logged in to my account and copy-pasted the link into the browser: http://www.avast.com/get/dQ3Mw0WR, and I eventually got avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe. I think that's something wrong with my ID because I can't find it in avast5.ini.
By eventually you mean after you ran avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe and it downloaded the files?
If you mean that you got the avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe by downloading from your link, then I really don't know how did you get it since and I got avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe and not avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe
If you did get avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe right away, how did you manage to get it?
What browser are you using?
Is it the same in other browsers?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:23:58 AM by Oz Edri »

Offline keloo05

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 08:48:25 AM »
By eventually you mean after you ran avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe and it downloaded the files?
If you mean that you got the avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe by downloading from your link, then I really don't know how did you get it since and I got avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe and not avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe
If you did get avast_free_antivirus_setup_dQ3Mw0WR.exe right away, how did you manage to get it?
What browser are you using?
Is it the same in other browsers?

Well, the file's name is avast_free_antivirus_setup_online.exe for everyone, but if you look at the link it's avast_free_antivirus_setup_YOURID.exe. I hope you understand now. So, what I basically want to say is that I followed the same steps everyone does, but I didn't get any karma for that. So the recommendation was not registered into my account, and I think that something might be wrong with my ID.

matej.plch said that you can find your ID in avast5.ini. Well, I can't find mine (see my previous post).

Offline keloo05

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 11:18:32 AM »
I hope someone can investigate what happened with the installations from the ID I provided (dQ3Mw0WR, the one from my account), and if that's really the ID linked to my account or there's some sort of mistake. Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »
Hello keloo05. You can't see recommendation number in your installation. Your recommendation number can be seen in installation made from file downloaded from your recommendation link. I personally tried install Avast from your link and your recommendation number can be seen in avast5.ini (but you will not get recommendations for this installation because I immediately uninstalled it).
Number of installations made from link you provided is 0. So although you provided link to your friends, they didn't install Avast using that link. Or they were not using Avast for enough time. Keep in recommending Avast and your will get your badge and karma as soon as someone really use it!

Offline keloo05

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 12:52:23 AM »
Or they were not using Avast for enough time

Maybe that's the reason. I hope I will get the karma when the 2 PC's will be used on a daily basis.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »
Here's my karma ! i'm rank 782 Worldwide  ;D  ;D

i've referred 125+ peaple !!!

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 03:07:51 PM »
In the last week or so, I made 2 or 3 recommendations but that din't unlock the badge and I was not given the karma for the first recommendation. Can someone tell me when are they going to be registered? Thank you.

Have the same issue, none of my badges show?? :o