Author Topic: Karma and Badges processing is ready  (Read 71669 times)

REDACTED

Re: Karma and Badges processing is ready
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »
Do you remember, how did you install AvastBackup and how did you pair it with your Avast account? Can you describe it? We will try to reproduce it.
I dont remember, how did I install AvastBackup. But I did not get badge of it. I see on my devices : android phone D5503 Avast free mobile security and Avast mobile backup. And I see there when I click it: for example images, contacts, but I did not get the badge.

Yesterday I installed AvastBackup to my tablet. But I do not see the badge. Backup is on my device with mobile security. So two Backups no badges  :'(

As has been mentioned - they aren't updated in real time - so there will be a delay. How long that delay might be I don't know.
Does anyone know how long it will take? ( I installed my first backup five days ago and second two days ago)...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Unless the profile information to the left of posts reads "Avast team" then they aren't going to know. Even then all Avast team members aren't going to know only those actively involved in the my.avast.com development, such as those Avast team members that have already responded in this topic.

I don't know if simply installing is enough to get anything registered - a number of backups over a time frame (unknown) to show you are actively using the function would be more appropriate.

Personally I feel this Karma and Badges frippery is the stuff of social networking/chat rooms and security companies should stick to security related activities.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 04:37:11 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
Do you remember, how did you install AvastBackup and how did you pair it with your Avast account? Can you describe it? We will try to reproduce it.
I dont remember, how did I install AvastBackup. But I did not get badge of it. I see on my devices : android phone D5503 Avast free mobile security and Avast mobile backup. And I see there when I click it: for example images, contacts, but I did not get the badge.

Yesterday I installed AvastBackup to my tablet. But I do not see the badge. Backup is on my device with mobile security. So two Backups no badges  :'(

As has been mentioned - they aren't updated in real time - so there will be a delay. How long that delay might be I don't know.
Does anyone know how long it will take? ( I installed my first backup five days ago and second two days ago)...

It should take max. few hours, surely not days.

REDACTED

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2014, 05:46:29 PM »
It should really take only few hours.
This looks like some bug.
We tried to reproduce the issue, but unsuccessfully. Can you help us little bit please? Do you remember what did you installed first? Avast Mobile Security or Avast Mobile Backup?

REDACTED

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2014, 08:31:44 PM »
We tried to reproduce the issue, but unsuccessfully. Can you help us little bit please? Do you remember what did you installed first? Avast Mobile Security or Avast Mobile Backup?
I installed first Avast Mobile Security and then Avast Mobile Backup. They worked well, but I did not get badges of Avast Mobile Backup. I am saddened that I got the badge Avast Mobile Security, but I did not get the badge Avast Mobile Backup.  :'(
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:40:11 PM by 67Kiisseli »

REDACTED

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2014, 07:14:26 AM »
I installed first Avast Mobile Security and then Avast Mobile Backup. They worked well, but I did not get badges of Avast Mobile Backup. I am saddened that I got the badge Avast Mobile Security, but I did not get the badge Avast Mobile Backup.  :'(
How to get the "Mobile Security" badge? Install Avast Mobile Security on your Android device. Don't forget to pair your device with your Avast Account. How to get the "Mobile Backup" badge? Install Avast Mobile Backup on your Android device. Don't forget to pair your device with your Avast Account. I have done both, but I got just "Mobile Security" badge.

REDACTED

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
How to get the "Mobile Security" badge? Install Avast Mobile Security on your Android device. Don't forget to pair your device with your Avast Account. How to get the "Mobile Backup" badge? Install Avast Mobile Backup on your Android device. Don't forget to pair your device with your Avast Account. I have done both, but I got just "Mobile Security" badge.
Screenshots about it:

REDACTED

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »
Thanks for additional info. We were able to reproduce your case and this is an issue we thought it has been already fixed. But it seems, that there is still some problem. So you did everything right, but there is a problem on our side. I can't say when fixed version of Avast Backup will be released, but we will fix your karma as soon as it will be done. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks a lot for report. Don't worry gamification is still in beta, so you are not missing anything (rewards etc.).

REDACTED

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »
Thank you  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2014, 10:27:59 AM »
I have connected Facebook and Google+ profile to the avast account. But I think it is not counted as karma points.  :'(
Can you please send me more info? When did you connect and describe how did you do it?

I have connected my account in the previous week. I am not remembering the exact date. An Image is attached showing how I connected those accounts.
Thank you

Thank you for report. We were able to reproduce this issue. Will be fixed in next release. Your karma points will be fixed also.

REDACTED

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2014, 02:19:30 AM »
eu comprei o Avast GrimeFighter, mas não consigo achar no programa do avast. vcs sabem onde fica?

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2014, 06:25:23 AM »
Hello Avast! Mine still shows as "Beta". Refer to attachment.

DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2014, 12:49:02 PM »
It is still in beta...

REDACTED

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2014, 01:12:19 PM »
Till today I cannot see in MyAvast anything about my license. But all of my devices protected show in device->information page that my subscription for Av IS is relevant.

REDACTED

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 10:16:22 PM »
I just paid for and loaded avast onto my computer and mobile device.  no karma no badges and I thought that paying for the computer service would also cover my mobile device.  Is that true?