Author Topic: Poor service.  (Read 1574 times)

REDACTED

Poor service.
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:28:05 PM »
Just wanted to report our awful experience with technical support. The problem that was supposed to 'take only one hour' ended up going on through midnight (more like 10 hours). The first representative we spoke to supposedly fixed the problem, but upon logging back in later, the initial problem was still present. We called back and were on hold for over an hour before speaking to the second rep, who was one of the least effective ones I've ever used; why? you might ask.... because when we got disconnected while resetting our modem, he NEVER called us back. Because apparently his shift was over, and he was leaving. Not only was his demeanor less than pleasant but then we were forced to call back AGAIN and be on hold AGAIN. It would have been professional to call us back and then switch us to someone else. Our final rep was decent, but after this experience, we are VERY dissatisfied. Interestingly, there isn't an obvious place to voice this complaint, so I'm placing it here. After our year subscription ends, we'll be looking elsewhere - if customer service isn't good, we just are not interested.

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Re: Poor service.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »
I think very few have had a good encounter with Tech Support. Help here is free. If you issue is still present, describe it in details and follow These directions.

After you do that, I can have a qualified helper assist you in fixing it.

I have since directed Vojta to this thread so he can take notes of what went wrong.
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 03:09:13 AM »
I've been trying since November 6 to get Avast to send me the $19.99 refund they owe me for GrimeFighter.  I've sent them four messages on the Customer and Technical Support website.  It's now 12 days and counting and (other than the automated message that they'll get back to me within 48 hours!!), they not only have not returned my money, they haven't even given the courtesy of a response.  Do I need to contact my attorney?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:19:07 AM »
budruk, please use the search option on this webboard before posting.
As has been explained many times,
submitting multiple tickets/changing a existing one will put you back to the bottom of the stack.