Author Topic: Issue with Internet Connection!  (Read 3845 times)

REDACTED

Issue with Internet Connection!
« on: November 13, 2014, 08:48:37 PM »
Hi, I think I am having problem with the internet connection after the recent avast update (2015.10.0.2208)

After few minutes of browsing/downloading, the connection freezes or so to say the browser/applications fails to create new connection. This also happens after few minutes of idle time.

Disconnecting and reconnecting solves sometimes but it does not give access most of the time. I have to disable avast for few minutes then connect to get access back. Restore the shields ON and continue my work. The process repeats again. I thought it had something to do with network error but it does not look so. I get the feeling that somewhere avast blocks the access for reasons I am not aware of.

I know this issue had been raised earlier but I had no such issues back then. It seems this update is disappointing me. I tried the solution of 'scan traffic from well known browser process only' but with no luck!

Thanks for any help!

Avast Internet Security.

Offline Marc50

Re: Issue with Internet Connection!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:59:47 PM »
I got kind of the same symptoms, after disabling HTTPS scanning (Settings, Active Protection, Web Shield) all loads fast and snappy again.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
I don't use that feature!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 02:06:05 AM »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
Yes, I think you've got a similar problem. Hope there is some solution to it.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:04 PM »
I am also having an Internet connection problem after updating my Avast Internet Security to the latest version (2015.10.0.2208)

There's nothing wrong with my router and modem:
  • The issue is happening only with my laptop (OS: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit). The connection of My iPad and my iPhone to the Internet is fine at all times.
  • The same symptom is ocurring in a wifi connection in a hotel, where I am using my laptop today.

If I restart my computer, it may work, but it will break eventually.
The wifi bars indicate full signal or nearly full signal (connection to router OK), but my browsers (Chrome, Opera) won't show any page.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »
I was gonna start a new thread but there seems to be a lot of you with HTTPS issues already, just gonna add my 2 cents here.
(I'm only having issues with a 4th computer (Win7), the other three work fine (2xWin7+1Win8.1).)

The HTTPS scan seem to block all browsers (IE,FF & Chrome) from https, saying that i.e. google.com is unsafe due to sec_error_expired_certificate (valid from 5th november). And no, my date+time is not set incorrectly. It even states the correct PC date next to the text that says it's expired in firefox... :-\

However while disabling the scan made surfing normal again, avast seem to have removed some addons from chrome (Adblock Plus for example).

Hope avast fixes this soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
I have sorted out the problem with my wifi connection by uninstalling avast and installing it again.

Give it a try!  Maybe it works also for you guys.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:21 AM »
Hello to you guys

I have avast Premier and also had that freaking problem and just doing the temporary solution to fix it
by re enabling web shield and firewall.

This issue is not related to HTTPS Scanning feature of avast enable it if you want avast to detect malware,virus,pup and etc on HTTPS sites.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »
I think the issue is related to webshield and/or firewall problem