Author Topic: Secureline and Total support, customer support  (Read 3898 times)

REDACTED

Secureline and Total support, customer support
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:48:20 AM »
Having received a renewal email and been charged for it.  It did not work, after trying all the usual methods and contacting support with a service ticket it still did not work.  When I called for technical support the technician said it was my computer, which surprised me since it worked fine before renewal.  The tech talked me into a total support plan at 179.00 pretty steep but I went for it and he charged my visa the 179.00.  He than talked me into upgrading to cover 4 computers at 299.00 I thought it would be a good idea to have for the other users in my family..  Here is where it gets weirdest after charging my visa 299.00 instead of just adding the difference he told me I would get an email to reply to for the 179.00 refunding in 24 to 48 hours.  that time has passed and no email.  When I contacted the Total support Microsoft technicians who are competent techs they in two different sessions both different techs tried to fix it for over two hours each and came to the same conclusion that it was an avast software or license issue and they could not fix it.  I have given up on fixing the secure-line and total support and submitted another ticket for a refund of both and after two days have not heard anything from Avast.   Bottom line I am becoming very suspicious of the Avast product line and company.  I hope to hear from them very soon and will update this post if I get resilution to my issues.  Until then I would be very wary of entering into a transaction with this company and it makes me wonder if there security systems are what we all believe?
 Ticket ID: HNM-253-37520
   Subject: Avast secure line and total support
   Department: .Refunds
   Type: Issue
  Ticket ID: VBW-684-93386
   Subject: Avast Secureline License does not work.
   Department: Consumer Sales
   Priority: ReplyFast
Ticket ID: RKP-482-54524
Department: Consumer Sales
Priority: ReplyLater
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:52:04 PM by fw »

REDACTED

Re: Secureline and Total support, customer support Be very Wary
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 01:02:17 AM »
Update.  Contacted Avast total support by phone.  Customer rep was good and patient, something Avasts customer support could learn.  He agreed to refund the single license and again told me I would be receiving an email to activate the refund in 24 to 48 hours.  Again that time has passed with no email.... I have checked my spam folder as well.  I have not been contacted by Avast customer support since I put in the request about 4 days ago.  I am keeping the total support for 4 computers because they did some initial work on the first call.  Avast sent me another license, number 5 and it still did not work.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:28:11 AM »
Please use the search option on this webboard before posting.
Everything you posted has already been talked about/explained/handled many times before.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 03:52:51 PM »
After several days no response from Avast on the secureline or for the refund from avast for the double charge.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
After several days no response from Avast on the secureline or for the refund from avast for the double charge.

I have read that it "could take up to 15 business days"

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 04:45:12 PM »
Updated 11/21 The second total service license is in process of being refunded and after 17 days Avast technical support finally cancelled the original license and created a new license for secure line that actually works.  I am happy to report that my issues have been addressed.
Here is what I learned.
Secureline- The license they sent me 6 times was defective and they had to cancel that one and create a new license.
When looking for a refund from Avast -  I noticed that when I told them I was discussing the transaction with my Bank, which I was, Avast acted very quickly and I received action with in 4 hours.
If you call Avast technical support they will start by blaming your PC and sell you a total support package before they look into you actual problem, while the total support is actually a good service its likely that it will not fix your problem with avast and may be an unnecessary expense.
Avast customer support (different then total support) needs some serious work I was even hung up on one call. Its hit or miss on whether the tech will actually do anything for you.
The issue was with Avast and they took 3 weeks to actually listen and do something about it even after two total support techs verified it was an avast issue.
I hope this information helps others.
My issues are resolved.