Author Topic: Unable to view/restore the backed up data  (Read 3724 times)

REDACTED

Unable to view/restore the backed up data
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
Hi,

I've reset the phone to factory settings. After again installing Avast Backup, I'm not able to browse/view my backed up data (contacts, sms). Before resetting the phone everything was working fine. 

Thanks.

REDACTED

Re: Unable to view/restore the backed up data
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:38:35 AM »
Please try to renew it from my avast pages.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I think you are talking about avast(account) home page. I am able to see 2 device names there, one is current and another one is archived. Current one contains the data currently present in my device (regularly backed up). But the archived one contains nothing. It should contains my old sms(s) but they are not available.

But somehow I have the device ID (web-link/hyperlink) of the archived one which I need and it is not displaying in the device list. I am trying to get to it but nothing happening. If I message you the old device ID, would it will be of any help?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »
Once the backed up device is not present on the device list on my.avast.com, it is not possible to restore it via backup, but you can still can find the backup on you Google Drive storage.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 03:56:48 AM »
"Once the backed up device is not present on the device list on my.avast.com, it is not possible to restore it via backup, but you can still can find the backup on you Google Drive storage."

Right.  So how do I restore onto a new device?  When I try to restore contacts from old phone to replacement phone, nothing happens.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 12:32:06 PM »
Well, on new device the recommended pass is to install backup, set it up with avast account where old device is backed up, configure google drive (should be the right drive account where are data saved), go to restore, choose device and restore all.