Author Topic: This device is no longer paired with your Avast Account.  (Read 2232 times)

REDACTED

This device is no longer paired with your Avast Account.
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:13:14 PM »
Hi

Chain of events:
1. installed avast app on samsung 4 mini.
2. completed the registration - including google drive.
3. performed a backup of contacts / sms / calls.
4. backup was done successfully according to message.
5. proceeded to wipe my phone, factory reset + sd format.
6. reinstalled apps, but realised as this point I did not confirm the avast account when I saw the mail, proceeded to confirm account registration by clicking email link - got a successfull message.
7. installed avast mobile at this point, the app install fine.
8. It then asks to setup google drive, at this point it fails, I click setup google drive, message appears: getting google drive config status, it fails with error: Error querying data: reason unknown.
9. The app does not go past this point, and interaction exit the app.
10. At this point I went online and saw x2 devices in my avast account - the one I assume is the pairing with the formatted/reset phone.
11. The other device is the same phone and I can see my backup data in there manually, but the message I get is : This device is no longer paired with your Avast Account. Would you like to remove it?
12. Went to forums to get info about this, saw nothing and created this post.
13. My IMEI is 357962055687842 / 01 if this is any help.

REDACTED

Re: This device is no longer paired with your Avast Account.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(

In fact, you just cause me having to start manually load 300 odd contacts one by one because your friken solution is broken.
Mothertruckingrunts you are!!!

EDIT
so after playing with the app and reinstalling/uninstalling +- 5 times... and tinkering with google drive settings and tell the avast webportal to sync with google drive, my app on the phone miraculously went past the google drive error where it was stopping previously.
My contacts was synced and all is good again.

I still hate you for making me go into a friken panic.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:03:34 PM by amanda.coetzee143 »

REDACTED

Re: This device is no longer paired with your Avast Account.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:32:22 AM »
Well, there was update of Google drive API and yes, they could make panic because you are using their storage, our app only passes the error code from Google :-) But most interesting thing is the partial registration - I will take a look at this problem, thanks for the report.