Author Topic: GrimeFighter gets stuck and freezes computer  (Read 2368 times)

REDACTED

GrimeFighter gets stuck and freezes computer
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:02:56 AM »
I purchased GrimeFighter to use on my Toshiba Satellite laptop several months ago, and ran it twice without issue. It worked great, and really reduced the start-up time, improved internet speed, etc. Now my computer has slowed way down again, and I'd like to run GrimeFighter again. Each time I try to run the program, it starts up fine and works for about 30 minutes, then gets "stuck." This seems to happen at just about the exact same percentage of program completion every time (around 60% completion). At that time, I get a blue screen that says "inconsistent cloud connection," which freezes the entire system. I end up having to forcibly shut down the computer, because it won't respond at all. I am using wifi which shouldn't be a problem, as my connection is excellent, and is the same connection I used the times it functioned properly before. I am unable to connect with a cable at this time, as I'm in the middle of a home renovation project and can't access that area easily. Even while seeing that blue "inconsistent cloud connection" screen, I can see that my wifi connection is functioning perfectly, because on the blue screen it shows a full connection. This is so frustrating. It's happened four or five times over the past couple of weeks that I've been trying to run the program. I have a license that is valid for a year. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:07:46 AM by kiely98 »

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter gets stuck and freezes computer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
I'm having the same problem although my pc don't completely freeze, after 2 or 3 inconsistent cloud connection notices I get a unrecoverable cloud connection notice which allows me to reboot back to windows.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Re: GrimeFighter gets stuck and freezes computer
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 03:00:04 PM »
Hi there,

I am checking with our Engineering team now and will post back as soon as I have more info.

Thanks,

Davidek