Author Topic: Unable to install Mobile Security & Antivirus in a Dell tablet (kit kat 4.4.2)  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Junior Felix

• Beta Tester
 I've installed it in my Samsung Galaxy Duos 2 (OS 4.2.2) and loved it - just like the whole avast! line that I keep or even more! I bought then a Premium Suite pack immediately - and stood as happy as a man can be...

So last Sunday I gave  to my wife a brand new tablet (a Dell Venue 8 w/ 3G and kit kat 4.4 built in) and tried to install the wonderful Avast! Mobile Security. Goddamnit! Couldn't and still cannot do it.

"This app is not compatible with your device", says the Google Play AND the avast! site. Could anybody please tell me WHY this happens??? Thanks a lot.

REDACTED

You have bought intel based device with no ARM support. Most of android devices (about 95%) has ARM architecture. We are working on the compatible build of AMS, but it takes some time.

REDACTED

I was wondering what happened - I was running Avast! on my Dell Venue 8 Android tablet (Intel Atom based) for several months now and suddenly the device indicated that the tablet isn't compatible with the program.  I think it happened when I updated the Security & Antivirus program last month (the November 18th update) and since then I haven't been able to use the program (I've uninstalled Avast! from this device as well as my ARM-based LG phone...)

I was greatly disappointed to see that Avast isn't able to provide my mobile devices with the same degree of protection that I have relied on for several years on my PCs.  I will be looking for an alternative solution to protect my computing devices going forward.

REDACTED

We have different virus scanner, implementation and virus base for intel based devices, but our management decided to exclude some devices (like Dell Venue) until we will solve problems with lollipop on this devices. It is far better than providing the app which will not work.