Author Topic: Unable to backup  (Read 5504 times)

REDACTED

Unable to backup
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:39:01 PM »
I have not been able to use mobile backup for some months.  I have two devices: a Samsung Note 10.1, and (only recently) a Samsung Galaxy S5.  Neither backs up.

At one time in the dim and distant past they did.  To be honest I am not too bothered about the Note, although having paid for the premium service from Avast perhaps I should.

I *think* that the problem all started when my Google Drive storage got all full up.  But the problem has persisted for so long now that it is hard to be specific.

Anyway, this weekend I deleted the contents of Google Drive, to eliminate that as the cause of my problems.  So I now have 15Gb available, but it didn't help.

I click on Mobile Backup (from the S5) and it prompts me to "set up Google Drive" or "Cancel".  Well, I have already set up Google Drive, so neither option seems appropriate.  However if I click on "Set up Google Drive" it briefly displays a temporary popup message "Error querying data: reason unknown".

A factor that might be relevant is that my account registered with Avast is by reference to an email account provided by Virgin Media.  Most of my mobile stuff (including Google Drive) is registered with an email account that ends in @gmail.com

Any help appreciated.

REDACTED

Re: Unable to backup
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:22:41 AM »
This worked for me,
First log into avast account (https://my.avast.com/en-ca/#devices)
Click the little gear icon near the top right>Google Drive Setting > Reconfigure

Hope this helps

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:01:41 PM »
The solution posted by nicholas-1-6 worked for me.

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 05:50:28 PM »
This fix worked for me as well. Thank you for the information.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 06:31:04 AM »
This worked for me,
First log into avast account (https://my.avast.com/en-ca/#devices)
Click the little gear icon near the top right>Google Drive Setting > Reconfigure

Hope this helps

This worked for me too, it seems this must be done first to give proper permissions to Avast from Google Drive.
Thanks for this!

-Mark

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:53 AM »
The "reconfigure" that Nicholas mentioned is apparently necessary when changing your Google password, also. I thought changing it on the phone would be sufficient. Even establishing Avast on a new phone through my already existing Avast and Google accounts still did not provide a successful backup until I reconfigured the Google Drive. Thanks so much for the assistance!