Author Topic: avast!: connection timeout  (Read 3080 times)

niina

avast!: connection timeout
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:59:01 AM »
this box keeps popping up its labeled avast!:connection timeout and then in the box it says       Internet connection timeout elapsed, continue waiting?
                        [KeyboardHlpr.exe -> rrcs-24-199-6-42.west.biz.rr.com:25]

and theres another one that has the same first part but ends in mail115.messagelabs.com:25]
what does this mean?

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
Re: avast!: connection timeout
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 07:43:14 AM »

Increase the timeouts of your email program and Avast ?
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 10:37:08 AM »
While the suggestion of P3t3rb0nn may well be correct let me give a little more information.

What the information box is telling you is that large messages are being sent from your computer by a program called KeyboardHlpr.exe to servers called:

rrcs-24-199-6-42.west.biz.rr.com

and

mail115.messagelabs.com

If you have chosen to install a program called KeyboardHlpr.exe and you want it to send these messages then the advice of P3t3rb0nn should be followed.

I certainly do not wish to alarm you but the name of the program suggests that you may have a downloaded a program that is reporting your keyboard activity, emails you send, locations you visit, passwords you enter on private accounts to someone without your knowledge and approval. I suggest a scan of your system for malware would be prudent.

If indeed the program is functioning with your approval then consider increasing the timeout limit in the internet mail provider (customize > advanced tab).

« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 10:40:36 AM by alanrf »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 02:25:04 PM »
I echo alanrf's concerns about what this program KeyboardHlpr.exe is doing trying to send email. Thankfully avast tripped it up, but only because of the timeout warning, if you change the timeout delay you wouldn't see this and you would have to hope your firewall would block KeyboardHlpr.exe's access to the internet not something you would not like to rely on.

I did a google search for KeyboardHlpr.exe and there are no hits at all, so that makes me more suspicious of it rather than less suspicious.

If you know nothing of this program.
If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it.
1. Ad-Aware
2. Spybot Search and Destroy
3. Spywareblaster Don't install this until you are clean.

Also useful as a diagnostic tool - Download HiJackThis.zip - HJT Information HiJackThis Tutorial 1 or HiJackThis Tutorial 2
For an on-line analysis - HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis
Ignore any 023 reference to avast processes, this is a hiccup in the HJT 1.99.1 (especially missing file entry for avast), if you need any help with any of the analysis let us know.
OR HiJackThis Log file - On-line Analysis 2
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security