Author Topic: New Avast user, bought into gimmicky Grime fighter, and pretty upset  (Read 4222 times)

REDACTED

So, I really should have done some research on this fraudulent product. I paid for a 20 dollar license so my computer could freeze on a black screen, with a flashing cursor at the top left, eventually going all black, and sitting there for 35 minutes with no results. I have to reboot manually. The program does not work!!

I just want my money back, I've read nothing but complaints from other users that have the exact same issues. The developers are not responding, the "support" team is not supportive. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

How do I get a refund? I do not want to try to make this program work when there is such a huge amount of issues from so many others, it sounds like the program is a huge scam. >:(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: New Avast user, bought into gimmicky Grime fighter, and pretty upset
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:11:36 PM »
Going on 10 days now and nobody has responded to my ticket. If this is the normal customer service that they provide, I'm surprised they have any customers at all, and truly this is outrageous that I've gone this long without any sort of response.

Beginning to feel like I'm involved in some sort of scam company.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 09:33:09 PM »
Yes, the "lack of response" is most certainly frustrating and can lead to negative/suspicious feelings.
It's good that you track this topic.
I read it can take up to 15 business days

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 08:05:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply Schmidt, however I am still without a response on my ticket, I submitted it on November 18th.

The program still does not work, it still stays stuck on a black screen indefinitely.

I really just want my money back.

*EDIT*
My ticket Number:

Ticket ID: GSX-309-47363
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:08:50 AM by tbkitzan »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply Schmidt, however I am still without a response on my ticket, I submitted it on November 18th.

The program still does not work, it still stays stuck on a black screen indefinitely.

I really just want my money back.

*EDIT*
My ticket Number:

Ticket ID: GSX-309-47363

You're welcome

On Nov27 you posted "going on 10 days" which would make it 6 business days and 9 business day today.
Patience now is the key, hopefully all should resolve soon.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:40:06 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
Hi tbkitzan,

I am checking on your ticket today and hope to let you know later today or tomorrow latest what the status is.

Sorry again that this has caused you so much frustration.

Davidek

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »
Hi tbkitzan,

I just got confirmation that your refund was issued today.  It might take a couple days for your bank to process it but be sure it's been handled now on our side.

-Davidek