Author Topic: Lastest Windows Update Problems  (Read 305173 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Lastest Windows Update Problems
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
1. So this is not yet fixed?
2. And if it is how can we update Avast or do what it's required?  :o
1. Sure it is fixed.
2. Just reboot your system.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2014, 05:20:30 PM »
Has the Business client been updated yet?  If so, what version number should I be seeing?

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2014, 05:43:52 PM »
at the startup I have this in the list :
do I have Emupdate enabled?
NourinE

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2014, 05:51:17 PM »
I unstalled then re-installed Avast but am waiting for the KB000850 to download.  It has been on 90% for over 1/2 hour.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
-midnight  you need to shutdown and then start to trigger EMupdate, it will not work from a restart

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2014, 06:11:57 PM »
How can I trigger it?
-midnight  you need to shutdown and then start to trigger EMupdate, it will not work from a restart
NourinE

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2014, 06:14:50 PM »
Same way shutdown  and then start the computer, wait a few minutes for the task to trigger

REDACTED

« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »
Hello, Avast,

I had to completely remove Avast like all the other people posting those problems in this forum.

After removing Avast and rebooting the machine runs more stable with a much more increased performance - Did not realize how much of the computers performance just goes to the nasty Avast.

I downloaded Avast but just got version 10.0.2208.712
no

How do I get the needed update?

Thanks in Advance

Sincerely yours

Oblomow

REDACTED

« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
I'm posting this again because I believe this feature/function/util (CD/USB) is a very needed item for Avast to provide that will protect its Users for catastrophe.  What would happen if this MS Update with the Avast incompatibility did not let you get into Normal Windows, Safe Mode or System Restore from recovery CD ?..........other than users that have offline HDD image or some very advanced users.....the rest of folks have bricked PCs.  This could not happen you say ?..........it did to AVG....I lived thru it along with thousands of people.  So, a simple solution would be a big help......if you agree this is good thread to speak out and hopefully Avast folks will address.

Bootable Util (CD/USB) for Uninstall/Clear
Avast needs a util that will cleanly uninstall a locked-out/bricked machine.  I know there is AvastClear (which is AWESOME) but that requires you to be able to get into Safe or Windows mode.  What happens if machines cannot get there ?  I fear as Avast gets more intrusive into O/S this can/will happen. My suggestion is a Avast Util (ISO) that people can burn to CD (or USB stick) that is "bootable" so a user can boot from the CD/USB to this program and the util would scan and brute force delete/uninstall ALL Avast remnants.  Avast does have Rescue CD but that is A/V removal type app.  I hope Avast Team will consider and develop.....it would not be hard....maybe a day or two work by Avast developer.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2014, 07:57:38 PM »
The program version will not change with this update.  aswSnx.sys in devices folder is the file that will change.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=160717.msg1153988#msg1153988
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

REDACTED

« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2014, 09:49:57 PM »
Hi ,
My OS : Windows 8.1 x64
I also updated with kb 3000850 and everything stop working afterwords. No safe Mode. No way to uninstall any Software. No Restore points access.
So, the only solution was to Restore from an Older System Image . I am happy I had changed my HDD some time ago and I still had that System Image, otherwise I would end up with Factory System.
I spend nearly 18 Hours to get my Laptop back to normal.
I hope Dev will pay attention to the problems like mine that are arising and would be good to have a rescue solution.
I unsintalled Avast for now, until I am sure there will be no problems again.

Best regardas

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
I signed in then out and waited for a few minutes, then check to see that I got the EMupdat.
I installed the security update then restarted without any problem.
Many thanks
NourinE

REDACTED

« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2014, 11:45:46 PM »
You may have it backwards...

Doing a restart is the only true shutdown / bootup if hybrid boot is selected.  Doing a shutdown is akin to hibernating the system.  Yes, that seems backwards, but it's accurate.

Hybrid (aka "fast") boot is something anyone who likes their computer to be reliable should deconfigure.

-Noel

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2014, 11:52:37 PM »
It's still not working for me.  I run a repair restarted 4 times and couldn't find anything with the last 3 numbers 722.
Have you disabled Emupdate ?
A while back we had a thread about Emupdate, where several users claimed it was an unwanted and unnecessary running process and worse.  Some of them recommended that this be disabled/removed. 

Not a good idea, as this service/process will automatically apply fixes/updates to avast! worldwide when an issue such as this one comes up.  If you've deleted or disabled this process, do a repair or clean install to fix/reinstall it.

Showing version aswsnx.sys 10.0.2208.722 as installed likely because I never touched Emupdate and the date modified was 11.22.2014 @ 2:16 AM, so it did change.  Running Win 7 Home Premium and no issues.

Thanks pk.

[EDIT:] @ -midnight,
Go to Windows>System32>Drivers, click that folder and scroll/look for aswsnx.sys and hover your mouse over the file.  A box should pop up and show the version number and time and date it was last modified.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:58:17 PM by mchain »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

REDACTED

« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2014, 12:03:59 AM »
Running Windows 8.1 on a dual-boot machine with Windows 7.  Experienced the restart/shutdown issues with the optional roll-up update for Windows 8.1, no problems at all with the Windows 7.

Windows 8.1 would start normally (for the most part - the Avast shields would run OK, but the tray-icon & user interface module had to be started manually)  even before the Avast patch was issued.   Most all programs ran fine with no issues at all.  The main issue was restart/shutdown.

I did not have to uninstall Avast or the Windows Update at all during the day or two of Windows Update/Avast conflict.  I simply used the machine as normal (though forcing shutdown when necessary), and the patch automatically installed yesterday.

The system is completely back to normal operation since. 

I've used Avast for quite a few years now, and recommend it highly to my customers.  It consistently tests well for both blocking malware intrusions and malware removal.  For those wanting top protection, they can up the Sensitivity for their Shields to "High" in the Settings tab.  And possibly also adding "PUPs" scanning in the main shield [PUPs - possibly unwanted programs].

Very nice work - and thank you to the quick responses by the Avast team!