Author Topic: secureline license issue  (Read 4824 times)

REDACTED

secureline license issue
« on: November 20, 2014, 04:31:02 PM »
I purchased a 1 year license for secureline. When I attempted to insert the license it failed stating that my subscription was canceled. I immediately opened a ticket. I am pretty sure that this is a simple issue where a database record needs to be updated to say that my license is active, however the support staff seems to think that the issue is on my computer. I installed a new copy of Windows 7, and ran all of Microsoft's recommended updates. No other software was installed other than Avast anti-virus. I have no registry errors. Avast and secureline installed correctly, and my Avast license activated correctly. The only issue is that securelink will not activate. My original ticket was opened on November 12th, and I began demanding a refund on November 18th. I am extremely dissatisfied with the support staff. The responses I have received from them are written in such a way that I get the impression that they aren't even reading the ticket. Also the large number of grammatical errors in the responses that I have received undermine my confidence in the ability of the staff to help me. Can anyone on this forum help me get my refund? The next step is a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which is absurd because this is such a simple issue. I bought a product, it doesn't work, I asked for a refund. Why is Avast making this so complicated?

REDACTED

Re: secureline license issue
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
I had the same issue they need to cancel the license and issue you another new license instead of resending you the same license over and over again.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »
Well for some reason Avast doesn't feel like helping me. I opened my ticket on November 12th and the staff apparently refuses to believe that the issue is on their end, not my computer. I finally got a reply to my refund request saying that my request had been 'forwarded to the correct department'. So maybe in a month I'll actually get my money back. I have used both free and paid Avast products for several years. I have purchased multiple 3 year licenses in the past. After this incident, and the completely unprofessional and abysmal service provided by the support team, I'll probably never use or recommend an Avast product ever again. They just don't care about customer service.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 03:44:58 AM »
There are many VPN's a person can use other then Securline, Free and Paid.
Hardly a reason to drop the Anti Virus which is the essential purpose.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »
Actually I think it is the best reason to stop using the Anti Virus. When multiple companies offer a similar service then things like customer service start to factor more heavily. There are many grocery stores near my home. I choose to shop at the one with the best service, and most helpful and polite staff. The issue here is not Secureline. The issue is unprofessional communication from the company, the inability of the staff to address my issue in a timely and satisfactory fashion, and the overall low quality of customer service. If Avast does not want to make even the slightest effort to retain me as a customer then why not go to Avast's competitors?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 01:52:21 AM »
ogrady, that's the most well stated and straightforward argument i ever heard...

and this captcha shit has got to stop...

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »
I'm posting an update for the benefit of anyone considering purchasing products from this company. Even though I opened my ticket to ask for a refund on November 18th Avast still hasn't even acknowledged my request. I had to open a formal dispute with paypal, and tomorrow I will be filing the formal complaint with the better Business Bureau. Of course Avast won't care about that. I checked out Avast on the Better Business Bureau's site and Avast is rated F, which is the lowest possible rating. One of the reasons why Avast has the lowest possible rating is for refusing to respond to complaints. Avast's business model is obviously "There will always be more customers, so who cares about the dissatisfied ones."

This is a shame. Obviously Avast won't care if I stop buying their products. I'm sure they also won't care when I get my friends, family, and co-workers to stop using their products. I know they won't notice a drop in their profits. But if I can prevent even a few people from having to go through this kind of trouble then I guess it's ok.

Before this situation occurred I was a massive supporter of Avast. I would tell anyone who listened to use Avast. Any time I set up a computer for friends, family, or co-workers I always installed Avast right away. Now I will actively attempt to be a detractor from Avast. I will tell anyone who will listen to avoid Avast at all costs.

If I ever get my money back I'll post another update, but at this point I have been treated so poorly there is no action that Avast can take to get me back as a customer or a supporter.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 10:47:19 PM »
Still no refund, or even an acknowledgement of my refund request. I filed a formal complaint with PayPal, the Better Business Bureau, and econsumer.gov. Avast is really making me work for my money.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »
Hi,

I sincerely apologize for this.  We simply have not done good enough either with the service itself or our response to your issue.  If I could ask you to please send me your log file, I will have our Engineering team immediately look into this.

You can get your log file by going to Computer, Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, then Log.  In the log folder you'll see a file Secureline.txt

That should allow us to identify your license and troubleshoot the issue.

On the other hand, if you have lost patience (totally understandable) then please post your ticket number here and I will make sure it gets handled asap.

Thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 12:29:10 AM »
Davidek, thank you for your response. I submitted my log file to your support team on November 19th. Unfortunately at this point I have lost my patience and I would prefer a refund.  My ticket is #SUH-857-72928. Please note that I am requesting a refund for the secureline portion of the transaction only. The anti-virus license which was purchased during the same transaction is working, and I would like to continue using it until it expires. It states this in my ticket as well. Thanks again.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »
Hi,

Our refund team just confirmed that your refund has been issued.  It sometimes takes a few days for the bank to process that but please be sure it has been handled on our side.

Best regards,

Davidek