Author Topic: avast anti-thieft device with tracking enabled drains battery?  (Read 1819 times)

REDACTED

avast anti-thieft device with tracking enabled drains battery?
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
I just started using this feature and just the past two days I noticed my battery has been getting depleted by something. When I use the built in battery app for the samsung galaxy s4, it show that the android os is using most of the battery. This morning I had the phone charged at 100 percent and 3 hours later sitting at 43%. I logged into my avast site and noticed the phone tracking was enabled and to poll every hour. I think I forgot to disable it a few days ago so safe to assume it's been on for that long. I turned the tracking feature off and its been sitting here idle and the battery seems to be not getting taxed anymore. Is it possible that when avast turns on the phone GPS to track it may not be turning it off when it does not need to track until the next poll interval?

REDACTED

Re: avast anti-thieft device with tracking enabled drains battery?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 05:47:35 AM »
Yes, tracking (AGPS, GPS, wifi and/or 4G), especially on Samsung devices, can be very exhausting operation for battery.

REDACTED

HELP avast anti thief wont locate
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »
Hi all can someone help my i recently installed the anti thief on my sony experia z3 conpact but when i go to my desk top interface the mobile is in my devices but when i click locate or anything i e. locate siron lock it doesnt do anything, it just wont recognise and find it. connection not establoished. is there any setting i need to be aware of on the set up process or is it just the sony. it works on my samsung tab 3 but not on the phone