Author Topic: where is my refund?  (Read 3221 times)

REDACTED

where is my refund?
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:41:48 PM »
I submitted a ticket over two weeks ago for a refund. Still no reply.
I called and was told there are NO PHONE NUMBERS AVAILABLE! WTF? No phones in their sales department? I wasn't born yesterday.
I asked for a number to the corporate office....again i was told there was no phone number to be provided. WTFx2!!! No phones in the corporate office. Now im getting pissed.
I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told the operator i was speaking with had no supervisor.WTFx3!!!!!!!!!
The only thing worse than this product is their customer service.

I WANT MY REFUND.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: where is my refund?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »
There is an on-line contact form, http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles for:  * Sales inquiries.

Give them the information relating to the purchase (receipt/purchase number, date, etc.), include the support ticket ID and a link to this topic wouldn't hurt.

What ever you do don't create another or modify your existing support ticket as that will push it further to the back (first in first out). Normally a support ticket takes up to 10 working days, which as an avast user I feel is too long.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:10:39 PM »
I did that and it was a complete waste of time. I dont think i will ever get my money back. But i can give them negative press and negative reviews everywhere on the net.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:26:17 PM »
Refund‏

Refund
avast sales (sales@avast.com)
sales@avast.com
In order to better assist you we have implemented a new support/customer care system. We therefore kindly request that you visit http://www.avast.com/support avast! Customer and Technical Support and resubmit your question.
Contacting us from the U.S.? Please call us toll free for the most immediate response: +1 866-951-2436.

Another automated worthless response.
Its a vicous circle.
That phone number is useless as stated in the original post.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:32:47 PM »
The phone is for problems with the software, not for other things and it is handled by a third party.
Did you create another ticket or changed the first one?
If you did you was put back at the bottom of the stack as has been explained many times on this webboard.

Please mention the ticket number(s) in your next reply here.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
Why would another ticket put me at the bottom?
Resolve the original in a timely manner and people would not get frustrated and submit a second.
How about a reply? We are currently working on your ticket, thank you for your patience. Not hard to type that. Just sayin.....

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »
As I said:
Quote from: DavidR
What ever you do don't create another or modify your existing support ticket as that will push it further to the back (first in first out). Normally a support ticket takes up to 10 working days, which as an avast user I feel is too long.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ultima_axe

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 07:26:45 AM »
Not trying to hijack the thread, just didn't want to create a another since there was already a thread with the question in it.

I've also not heard anything back. While I've logged into the account to check and see if any response may have popped up and not just been alerted by e-mail, I've not modified or added to mine and it's going over 2 weeks now... Sent it on the 11th. Can I least get some kind of information here? Is it in the queue? ETA? Anything? Ticket: #QUA-331-55376

Thanks.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 08:43:25 AM »
Did you submit a ticket via Avast Support?
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2