Author Topic: False "Threat Detected"  (Read 9494 times)

REDACTED

Re: False "Threat Detected"
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »
FYI, I get the same "Threat Detected" pop-up, but have always concluded that it's because Avast (2015) continually finds a file that it cannot scan (something in the boot record). It's a bug that doesn't do any harm, so I just ignore it.

The other bug in 2015 is that if you use Chrome and have EVER had an extension named "Plugins for Google Chrome", it continually (on boot-up) tells me it's malware and do I want Avast to remove it. If I tell it 'yes', it churns for a full 1.5 minutes, and at the end says it failed to remove the item. When I check my extensions, it's not there. Hasn't been there for well over a month, but I still get the message on boot-up.

Incidentally, I never installed that extension. Don't know what it is or where it came from; it just appeared one day over a month ago.   

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
I get the combo (on scheduled scans at night when I'm asleep)......of Avast UI on desktop with no threat, Avast UI on desktop with threat (but clean history of scan), no UI pop.  There is no rhyme or reason.......the above scernarios are random.....I have multiple PCs in the house and they all do different things each day.  So, my early morning routine is to go to each one and check the Virus Scan history.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 12:31:20 AM »
Sometimes the UI pops open after a scan and does not say that, even though the option to open the UI after a scan is unchecked. 

Where is this check box ?

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »
Sometimes the UI pops open after a scan and does not say that, even though the option to open the UI after a scan is unchecked. 

Where is this check box ?
Settings > General