Author Topic: I skipped grimefighter the other day. Tried using it yesterday and...  (Read 4036 times)

Offline bcleveland

it no longer recognizes that I bought a license.  The website says 0/1. 

I didn't install it on any other computer.  I just tried uninstalling Avast! (also paid for), rebooting, and reinstalling it.  At least Grimefighter seems to be part of the suite again.

(removing Grimefighter from uninstall applications in windows7 (x64) and reinstalling did not work).

Seems to be the upgrade to 2015 when the problem started? Maybe?

BC

REDACTED

Re: I skipped grimefighter the other day. Tried using it yesterday and...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:22:59 AM »
I have the same problem I think. Downloaded 2015 today, and when I ran GrimeFighter it doesn't recognize my purchased and valid license. If I check on my licenses it says it is there, but just wants me to purchase another one. I can't find the original license key amongst everything else I have. This sucks.......
I tried following the software support in the software. It said to get to the screen that wants me to purchase software I already own. Click on "Do you already own this software" at the bottom. Then I am supposed to put in my email address and password, then GrimeFighte will work. Well, there Is no place to type in that information. Very frustrating. I really need this to be working.

Dana
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 04:02:06 AM by freeman110 »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 08:38:25 AM »
I'm having the exact same problem! Grimefigher is listed with my licenses. It shows that it's valid, yet I can't run Grimefighter. It wants me to repurchase it. I'd love to know how to fix this, too. So frustrating!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:28:49 PM »
Same problem and can't get anybody to address it.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:00:19 PM »
I have the same problem while having the license validated to 04.14.2015 and having already used it several times, now can not find it.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 02:26:27 PM »
Hi All,

I have passed this info to our Engineering and Licensing teams.  Will post back here as soon as I have more info.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.  I hope we'll be able to resolve it soon.

Thanks,

Davidek

Offline Andus Mcabu

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 05:17:49 PM »
I'm having this exact same problem since updating to 2015 too  :-[

I submitted a support ticket but unfortunately they were as useful as a paper frying pan

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
I'm having this exact same problem since updating to 2015 too  :-[

I submitted a support ticket but unfortunately they were as useful as a paper frying pan

Hi Andus

Post your ticket # here, this way your situation can be monitored if you like. :)

Offline bcleveland

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 12:35:18 AM »
They reset it once (and it didn't work) then they said I had it installed on two computers.  A month or two ago I did move my hard drive from an R500 to a T500 without a complete re installation of the software.  It wasn't until Avast 2015 upgrade that problems happen. Well, they reset "both" licenses/computers and now I was able to validate my machine. For this problem to happen to so many people it makes me wonder if their licensing server crashed or the install of the upgrade incorrectly flagged the license use.

Anyway, it appears to be working now. I haven't run it yet though.