Author Topic: Still getting Threat Detected after latest program update  (Read 4488 times)

REDACTED

Still getting Threat Detected after latest program update
« on: November 27, 2014, 01:31:45 PM »
I know this issue has been posted for months and months by other users and I have been patiently waiting for a program update to fix this but the latest program version that I installed (Avast Internet Security ver. 2015.10.0.2208) did not fix it and this is really really getting old. After a scheduled full scan, Avast says Threat Detected" but the show results button shows nothing. Then checking the log and checking the scan history shows that there are 0 detections/infections. First of all, my wife keeps panicking when she sees "Threat Detected".  Secondly, today I realized that the Avast has become useless to me after the last couple scans when I didn't even check the scan history to make sure this was a program glitch because I am so used to Avast being wrong. Then I realized that if this had indeed been a real infection I wouldn't even have known because I am so used to Avast incorrectly telling me there is a threat when there is not one, that I just ignored it.
I am seriously considering changing Antivirus programs because of the glitch.
Will this ever be fixed?

REDACTED

Re: Still getting Threat Detected after latest program update
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »
This is a forum of users.  We know as much as you do.  Avast rarely chimes in... they hasnt fixed it or addressed it and yes it is old and annoying.

They have quite a list of things they need to fix which have been present since 2014 first came out so if it bothers you switch.  You wouldnt be the first and wont be the last person who is tired of some of the things avast is doing (or not doing) and have left.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 03:33:38 PM by dprout69 »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
so..if Avast does not follow the forum....what's the sense to write on this board??

No one will ever take any action!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »
so..if Avast does not follow the forum....what's the sense to write on this board??

they follow the forum .... and they work on bug fixing. with evry new release there is a list of what was fixed
see change log at filehippo.com

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 05:46:08 PM »

I didnt say they didnt follow it... just said they rarely chime in and say anything or provide guidance or answers etc

What their reasons are for not fixing things that come up over and over again is beyond me.

The reason for posting is that sometimes you can find your answers from other users, but obviously things like bugs would be handled by avast and they seem to ignore them

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »
Still a problem....as well as the Avast UI after scheduled scan opening intermitantly.......no rhyme or reason.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=158070.15

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 10:36:15 PM »
Still a problem....as well as the Avast UI after scheduled scan opening intermitantly.......no rhyme or reason.

This has nothing to do with this thread.

Try a repair...Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »

Try a repair...Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot.

Yes it most likely does.  Both the UI popping up after a scan and the threat detected after a scan started at the same time.

Suggesting a repair has nothing to do with this thread because it doesn't work and I'm certain that you know that.  This is not a new problem... been around for probably six months now.   

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 12:28:02 AM »
??? ? If you are going to spend the time to post I'd suggest taking the time to read the link and this post to which you would easy see it obviously does apply.  If you are not going to take the time to read the threads then please reframe from posting...it's of no help and frankly rude.

.....now back to our regularly scheduled program.........
OP, a repair does not fix this problem......the random post-scan UI opening and false Threat Detected are a long standing bug in V9 & V10.  I, along with many others seeing this problem, wish this would get fixed but I think Avast Developers are addressing bigger items.  This "bug" appears to be random.......some of my PCs have never done it.......some do but in no deterministic pattern.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:21:30 AM by thekochs »