Author Topic: Uninstall Avast4.6 - Can't Access Web  (Read 3844 times)

geppers2

Uninstall Avast4.6 - Can't Access Web
« on: April 14, 2006, 02:51:25 AM »
Whether I stop 'Providers' within Avast 4.6 Free Home Edition or uninstall Avast using either 1) the software's uninstall program or 2) Downloading and using the Avast uninstall program found on their Web site I am not able to access the Web.  If I bring up a 'Command' prompt and use 'ipconfig /release' and then 'ipconfig /renew' then I still can't access the Web.  I'm running in my 'Tray' nothing unusual.  I'm not running the firewall Zone Alarm or any other Anti-virus software.  I've tried accessing the Web when the The Microsoft Firewall is running or shut down but still can't access the Web.  The same situation exits when Microsoft's Beta 2 Spyware program is running or not.  In 'configsys'  I've stopped Avast within the 'Start up' as well as other programs and still I cannot access the Web.  Please let me know what other tests or options I might try.  Thank you folks for your time - it is much appreciated.

Spiritsongs

Can't Access Web
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:53:39 AM »
 :)  Hi Geppers2 :

In  order to possibly help, we need to know the name of
     your Operating System ; IF it is XP, we need to know if it
     is XP SP1 or XP SP2 .
     If you cannot access the web, how did you post this
     message !?

CharleyO

Re: Uninstall Avast4.6 - Can't Access Web
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:08:15 PM »

Welcome to the forums, geppers2.    :)

I know this sounds simple but are you sure you actually have a connection established to the internet?
If you are using dial-up or cable modem, are you sure the connections to your computer are not loose?
If you are using a wireless connection, are you sure the computer's wireless card & the wireless modem are working correctly?

With all you have "turned off" there should be very few reasons why you cannot access the internet.