Author Topic: Question. Please Reply  (Read 2220 times)

mashed

Question. Please Reply
« on: September 06, 2005, 04:43:10 PM »
Hello,

This is a really stupid question i know, but i am new to Avast, and when it finds virus's etc, it says the 3 options on what to do, but i do now know what "Move to chest" means, if someone could please tell me, i would be very grateful.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 04:45:35 PM by mashed »

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: Question. Please Reply
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 04:49:55 PM »
Welcome  :)

You can read avast! help and you will understand everything  ;)

Here's some info about the Virus Chest

The Chest can be thought of as a special folder on your computer that is safe and isolated, which makes it a suitable place for storing specific files. You can still work with the files in the Chest, but with some restrictions.

Main features

Complete isolation from the rest of the operating system. No outer process can affect files in the Chest. It means that no virus can infect them either.
Files in the Chest cannot be run. This "restriction" has its reason: it is impossible to run a virus and infect the rest of the computer or the other files in the Chest.

The rest you can find in the help file or you can do a forum search about the Chest  ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

mashed

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 04:57:57 PM »
Ah thank you very much for the help and infomation :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 06:33:29 PM »
No matter what the options given, I believe in first do no harm (like the doctors are meant to do) and move to the chest achieves that and gives you time to investigate.

What to do with files in the chest.
There is no rush to delete anything from the chest, they can't do any harm there. Anything that you send to the chest you should leave there for a week or two, to ensure your system is OK. That way the file is still available to restore if required, after that time if everything is ok you can delete it from within the chest.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security