Author Topic: SEcureline VPN How can you proove to yourself that you are invisible  (Read 3991 times)

REDACTED

I have been a user of Avast and grime fighter for years without any complaints...I have just accepted their 3 day free trial of Secureline VPN...and it connected no problem.....but how do I know that I am invisible when surfing...is there a way I can prove it to myself????Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: SEcureline VPN How can you proove to yourself that you are invisible
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 05:09:24 PM »
The answer is no there is no way.
You are always visible.
vpn, tor network, etc etc.
There is always a way that someone can see you.

It is as with protecting a house.
You can use good locks, strong doors/windows, have the best security system etc.
But there always is a way to get in the house without being noticed.
Only thing you can do is making it burglars as hard as possible.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 06:24:04 PM »
I agree so in fact you are only paying for hot air!!!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 06:35:03 PM »
Just to add, In case you are not sure how Secureline works you might find useful information here.
http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB44#artTitle
Scroll to "What is Secureline?"

"Avast SecureLine is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) which allows you to connect to the Internet via an encrypted tunnel to protect data you download and upload, your online identity, from eavesdropping. Antivirus software protects you from malware, and firewall protects data on your computer from intruders. However, when you connect to the Internet and send data on an unsecured network, the information you send can be seen by others. Only a VPN provides security and privacy once data leaves your computer and anonymizes your Internet activity. The main advantages of Avast SecureLine are the following:"

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 04:06:33 AM »
No, you are not paying for hot air.
You pay for better protection then you would have without it.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »
Just to add, In case you are not sure how Secureline works you might find useful information here.
http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB44#artTitle
Scroll to "What is Secureline?"

"Avast SecureLine is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) which allows you to connect to the Internet via an encrypted tunnel to protect data you download and upload, your online identity, from eavesdropping. Antivirus software protects you from malware, and firewall protects data on your computer from intruders. However, when you connect to the Internet and send data on an unsecured network, the information you send can be seen by others. Only a VPN provides security and privacy once data leaves your computer and anonymizes your Internet activity. The main advantages of Avast SecureLine are the following:"

8)Initially I was highly sceptical that VPN was possible, so your input was very welcome and informative...plus whilst in VPN mode I carried out an IP address check. Every site I used was unable to find my true IP,all of them came up with AVAST VPN>>so Avast VPN does what it says. Thanks and Merry Xmas :)

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
You're welcome.
And thank you, the same to you :)