Author Topic: WIN32:Enistery found - slowing down my PC in all applications ? HELP NEEDED !!  (Read 114625 times)

REDACTED

yes, still slow and lethragic in CHROME and as I said, almost NO RESPONSE when I go into my IE 9 for at least a minute to two at a time !!  I hit YES as you directed and a pop up showed that it was deleting four files in MY BACKUP memeo external hard drive back up.  I noted from one of the logs that I have THREE different antivirus/malware applications running, Norton (which is what I use all the time, and now AVAST and then I saw some kind of windows defender or something like that ?  Do I need all three and are they causing any SLOWNESS problems by all three being enabled ?  When using CHROME I previously had my user ID's and passwords automatically populate themselves with my NORTON IDENTITY SAFE, but now, that does not seem to be working in CHROME and I have to repeatedly put in my user id and password for every site I try to go to...for example, even when I want to go into avast.com to respond to you.....I also saw a pop up advising me that REV.EXT had stopped working and that Microsoft would notify me when a FIX TO THIS PROBLEM became available...what is that all about as I never saw it before ???   let me know what to do next...thanks,  Sue

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
OK lets look at the AV first :

Disable Windows defender (it is part of windows 7)
Uninstall Either Avast or Norton as you only need 1 AV

Uninstall Avast :

Download Avast Uninstall Utility to your Desktop.
Uninstall Avast via control panel

• Run the uninstall tool and accept the reboot to safe mode
  • Once complete reboot your system
----------

To disable Windows Defender :

1. Open Windows Defender by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Defender, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Defender.
2.Click Tools, and then click Options.
3.Click Administrator, select or clear the Use this program check box, and then click Save. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

---------------

Reset Chrome :

First back up your bookmarks :

Export bookmarks from Chrome
1.In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
2.Select Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
3.Click the "Organise" menu in the manager.
4.Select Export bookmarks.
5.Save to the desktop

Chrome will export your bookmarks as an HTML file, which you can then import into Chrome after the reset.

Reset your browser settings :

1.In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
2.Select Settings.
3.At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
4.Under the section "Reset settings”, click Reset settings.
5.In the dialogue that appears, click Reset.

Now restart Chrome ... Does it work normally

REDACTED

I did what you said and Defender seems to be disabled and AVAST is now gone.  I keep getting a NEW popup that continually tells me that I have HIGH CPU USAGE by Google Chrome.  I went into msconfig and saw that 100% of my CPU was being used ?  what is that all about ?  Chrome seems to be working a little better now, and I am not getting three windows to open with any click.  I still have to DOUBLE CLICK though in Chrome sometimes to get it to register..is this indicative of something ?  IE 9 still seems worthless to me at this point...I don't know if it is corrupted or the fact that I have not upgraded to the newest version of IE has any effect on the slowness I am experiencing ?  Is there any way to SAVE my favorites and all the other stuff that is in my CURRENT IE 9 and do some kind of "reset" like  you had me do with Chrome - and do you think this is the next logical approach ?  Do I need to do another FRB for you to see if there are any more existant errors still embedded ?  let me know what to do next, and I do really appreciate your assistance on all of this..thanks...Sue

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Download and install IE11 from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/internet-explorer-11-for-windows-7-details.aspx

After the reboot try IE and see how it is behaving

Reference chrome we may need to uninstall and then re-install to get it to work properly

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Please stop Copying and Pasting those logs. Just attach them. It's unneeded spam to our emails.
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

REDACTED

I can do the IE 11 upgrade if you think this would be best for me, BUT I need to know how to SAVE my favorites list so that I don't lose those.  I have read on blogs that it is not wise to get rid of IE 9, because IE 10 and IE 11 have so many bugs in them and cause even more problems - but I defer to YOU as to how best fix my problems.  So please let me know how to save my favorites in IE 9 and we will proceed from there if you agree.  As far as CHROME, I am STILL getting THREE WINDOWS opeining when I click on a website address.  Please let me know how to unistall CHROME and reinstall and again, how do I save my favorites if I do this ?  thanks for your continued help.  Sue

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Alas IE9 is full of holes and IE11 is a very smooth running browser contrary to what people are reporting

A quick guide on how to do it http://blogmines.com/blog/how-to-export-favourites-from-internet-explorer-9/