Author Topic: Problem w/ APP backup Restore on device after factory reset/full wipe  (Read 5328 times)

REDACTED

Hi all,

have following problem with restoring backed up apps on my phone after full wipe.

- The phone had Avast premium installed, all backed up.
- Phone wiped /facotry reset
- Avast installed, picked the full license.

- I can browse the backup from the device and initiate restore of all aps from there.
- In Avast account I see the phone twice, once as archoved (this is the old phone before full wipe with backups). I can run restore from there and before restore starts I select the new active identity of the same phone.

Both restore methods above initiate the download and I can see the backed up files are being downloaded.

The PROBLEM however is, taht afetr restore completes, I do not see the restored apps on the phone installed... After a lot of searching, I found the option "Browse Backup restore directory on your SD card" in the Mobile backup app menu on the phone.... there are all the apks available and I can then click and manually install one by one....

but is it really suposed to work this way??

I expected the restore to first download all and the also INSTALL it with restoring the application data backed up, correct??

The guide http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB125#artTitle also suggests that hitting "Restore" in one or the other way described really does restore all/selected apps.

Does it indeed only COPY the backed up apps and all then needs to be MANUALLY installed again????

Or am I missing something here??

Your advice is greatly appreciated!!

REDACTED

Re: Problem w/ APP backup Restore on device after factory reset/full wipe
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 07:35:28 PM »
Same problem with me  :(. I reset my phone and now I can't restore data from avast. In devices list have twice, one with this warning "This device is no longer paired with your Avast Account. Would you like to remove it?". Anyone can help? Sorry for my bad English!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 01:52:10 PM »
At  first, to do a full backup (apk and data ) you have to own a rooted device; did you backed up data of apps or both (apks + data)? In case of restore, backup can not install anything (only system can install applications), so it is able to save them to SD card, install and restore the data (you have to be root again). So which part does not work?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 04:32:10 PM »
Another unhelpful reply from Avast on the same problem. 

I read these instructions on restoring: http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB125#artTitle

I believe the problem may be that when we do a phone reset and reinstall the Avast software, the account sets up a second device with the exact same name.  So then when you click restore and it asks you to select a device, only one is listed.  It them tries to contact the "old" device software, which is inactive and cannot make a connection. 

I promised my daughter I could restore her photos if I reset her phone.  SOMEONE HELP US!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 05:17:06 AM »
I have the same problem.  I don't think they care.  It's a shame because if it worked well, I was going to upgrade my sub and pay them for a full year.....

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 12:39:16 PM »
You can still reconfigure the google drive settings via my avast just like described in FAQ.