Author Topic: Backup initial activiation problem  (Read 4410 times)

REDACTED

Backup initial activiation problem
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
I installed the Avast Mobile Backup app on my Nexus 7 and then opened it. It prompts with the requires Google Drive message and I select the "set up Google Drive" button. (I already have and use Google Drive). It then asks me to choose an account and I select my existing Google account and select the OK button. It then flashes the signing in screen for a second or two and then displays the "This app would like to" screen. I reply OK. It again flashes the signing in screen and then returns to the "This app would like to" screen. And this repeatedly loops from this point. What else do I need to do?

taevast

Re: Backup initial activiation problem
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:30:10 AM »
yes... I am told that there is an authentication problem with google drive and that I must disable on profile page which I finally found... clicking there I am told to go back to tablet and to disable all my google drive backup boxes which I have done but now what? It still will not give me a means to repair the authentication to google drive nor back up.

RobinCuthbertson

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 12:09:23 AM »
I have this issue on mobile phone. Please would you explain how I can disable the google drive on the profile page. I can't find this anywhere.

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:09:14 AM »
I've got this problem now - how can this problem be here for over a year, affecting numerous people, and avast don't even give a response?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 08:45:17 AM »
Well in case anyone reads this, I got past it... Logged in to the Avast website on PC, from settings button on the top bar I went to configure Google Drive there. Once that was set up I tried again on the mobile phone and it went through no problems.