Author Topic: Avast Firewall Issue with BT Home Hub 5  (Read 2241 times)

REDACTED

Avast Firewall Issue with BT Home Hub 5
« on: November 30, 2014, 01:12:12 AM »
I have recently been plagued with connection issues to my router since the last AVAST program update and was baffled somewhat.  My wifi consistently disconnects and I end up having to reboot my computer as the BT Help software is unable to restart the wifi connection.  I presumed it was the Windows firewall causing the problem but even when this was disabled it continued to disconnect.  As a last resort I tried to turn off the AVAST Firewall but was unable to do so through the settings.  I ended up having to uninstall the AVAST Internet Security 2015 Program leaving the Windows firewall active.  Lo and behold I have not had one disconnection since that time (even with the windows firewall activated).  Why was this happening?

PS I am using Windows 7 Home edition and have been using AVAST for a few years without issues.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:16:17 AM by johncookson54 »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Avast Firewall Issue with BT Home Hub 5
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:45:54 PM »
Initially turn off the HTPPS setting in webshield

REDACTED

Re: Avast Firewall Issue with BT Home Hub 5
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
I had to uninstall AVAST 2015 completely as I stated.  I ran the computer for a few hours and no disconnections at all (tested with both Windows Firewall on/off).  The reason for the uninstall was that the turn off the Avast Firewall would not work at all through the settings.

I decided to reinstall AVAST 2015 and as yet there have been no disconnections but also I am able to turn off/on the AVAST Firewall now!

I have had the computer running for a couple of hours and there have been no disconnections what so ever which is good news for me. 

One  thing I will say is that my computer is running a lot slower since the re-install so I will check my settings again.