Author Topic: Lost Phone Commands don't work  (Read 2710 times)

REDACTED

Lost Phone Commands don't work
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:20:30 AM »
I have used Anti-Theft successfully in the past, including sending commands to my lost device.
However, after I had to re-install Anti-theft on a new device due to a hardware-replacement, the device no longer received messages or commands from the server. I get a "Time Out" Message for every single command I send - also the tracking function no longer works. According to the portal, there is a connection between the device and the server though.
I use Android 4.4 and the latest Avast Anti-Theft.

Anybody else experienced this? No word from Avast support yet...

Offline trimix

Re: Lost Phone Commands don't work
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »
Anybody else experienced this? No word from Avast support yet...
[/quote]
I have a simmilar problem. After the phone has been lost i was able to find position of the phone and record sounds. Since position was inaccurate (2000m approx) couldn't recover device. For last four days there is no connection with the phone. I know the sim card hasn't been changed and a phone is working, I can call the number. What has been done by the thief and what can I do to recover connection? Sorry for my English, it's not my mother language

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline trimix

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 12:38:20 PM »
-> http://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB116
In this link there are no answers to my questions. Connection is lost permanently. Same SIM card is in use (can call the number), but sms or my.avast website commands don't work. I suspect the application had been forced to stop. If that's the case the idea of protection doesn't work. Can you help to restore connection?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:13:04 PM by trimix »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »
Yup. Nothing working here: "We are unable to connect to your device" as reply to all commands sent from the web interface. This used to work flawlessly. No reply from Avast support. Very, very  sad.

Offline trimix

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 11:04:42 PM »
Yup. Nothing working here: "We are unable to connect to your device" as reply to all commands sent from the web interface. This used to work flawlessly. No reply from Avast support. Very, very  sad.

Right, very sad. If inserting a link to the info we all with a problems already know means for Avast SUPPORT it's a shame.
That's not something we expected when buying the app.