Author Topic: GrimeFighter License Problem  (Read 23877 times)

REDACTED

GrimeFighter License Problem
« on: November 30, 2014, 09:41:44 PM »
Hello.  My Grimefighter license says it is valid until August 2015 - but also says 0/1 and asks me to buy a subscription. It has actually been activated before, but ever since I updated to avast free 2015 I got this problem. I appreciate your support.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:54:46 PM by sandro.zancanaro »

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter License Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 04:36:03 AM »
I am having the exact same issue.  Except mine is valid until May 2015.  Any help at all on fixing this issue would be great.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:22:11 AM »
Yeah I'm having this same problem. And from what I can see this software is having major problems. Thinking about asking for a refund. >:(

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
I was an early adopter of Jumpshot which was then bought by Avast! and renamed GrimeFighter. As an early adopter I have a license that will expire in 2099. I am also having the problem mentioned above.

Avast GrimeFighter
Expiration Date:     2/31/2099
Subscription Status: VALID
Available usage:     0/1

Screenshot attached.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 06:17:05 PM »
bonjour
j'ai le même problème ma licence est valide jusqu'au 05/07/15 utilisation disponible :0/1
depuis que j'ai fait la mise à jour >:(
j'ai  pris contact avec le support technique d'avast qui m'a recommandé de désinstaller avast premier, puis de le réinstaller,MAIS RIEN N'A CHANGE!!!!!!
je demande tout simplement le remboursement

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »
Hello.
This is the English Forum, Please post in English or Post Here:https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 01:15:20 AM »
My most recent email to Avast regarding Grimefighter:

Dear sir or madam,

This is the 3rd request to your support forum I've made with regards to Avast Grimefigher.

I have a paid subscription I am unable to use. In addition your team has promised contact with myself within 2 business days by your customer care team both verbally & in writing. This has not occurred. My first contact was Sunday, November 30th & its is now Friday, December 5th.

It is bad enough to be without the use of this product, without having to also put up with false promises on numerous occasions by the Avast telephone support group & the Avast online support team.

I've yet to even receive a response indicating a ticket has EVEN been opened with regards to this! I continue to receive promises that your team will contact me, without it happening in the time frame specified.

Please find below both the confirmation date that I last contacted Avast & the email / automated response I received in return.

In addition immediately below is my original invoice from Avast. I call your attention to the late paragraph where it reads: "Visit our Support Center to get instant help"

I look forward to an immediate resolution of this matter.

I noticed when I first purchased GrimeFighter that the date of expiration was wrong. I called in and had in corrected. I curious if the date I was originally provided was also te date that this problem occurred. I purchased mine on August 7th, 2014.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 02:00:33 AM »
I am ALSO having the same exact problem as stated above....

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 07:05:38 AM »
I am ALSO having the same exact problem as stated above.... >:( >:( >:(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 07:45:33 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 09:43:37 PM »
When I click use license from the "Do you already have a license" screen nothing happens except the cursor changes to a red cirle with a diagonal line through it - yet my license is new and in date and is shown.
Basically it's not working.
Can someone please advise?

Oh and I did go through the submit ticket process only for it to disapper when I pressed "submit ticket" and there is no ticket listed in my tickets list.... which was really annoying!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:45:19 PM by Jon27 »

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 10:18:48 PM »
Oh and I did go through the submit ticket process only for it to disapper when I pressed "submit ticket" and there is no ticket listed in my tickets list.... which was really annoying!

Same thing here. I submitted my ticket and my ticket does not show up as existing. In addition every time I click "Confirm" the website asks me to validate the language that I prefer.

The problem that I had submitting my ticket appears to be Firefox. Using IE to submit my ticket worked. I have just submitted my ticket using IE and I can now see that I have a ticket open.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 10:37:06 PM »

Same thing here. I submitted my ticket and my ticket does not show up as existing. In addition every time I click "Confirm" the website asks me to validate the language that I prefer.

The problem that I had submitting my ticket appears to be Firefox. Using IE to submit my ticket worked. I have just submitted my ticket using IE and I can now see that I have a ticket open.

Hi navilor
Post your ticket # here and report how the process is working for you.
And if resolved for you. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 10:43:54 PM »
Hi navilor
Post your ticket # here and report how the process is working for you.
And if resolved for you. :)

Ticket number GSX-759-96266 is currently active.  :)

I do not expect any movement on any ticket that is submitted to any company anywhere to take less than two business days to be initially addressed. I am in no hurry, this is merely a mild inconvenience for me.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 11:30:12 PM »
I have the same problem. Worse- I contacted Avast and was talked into a 'one off' solution payment, which cost me £79.99! I spent 4 HOURS in front of my computer watching an 'engineer' 'Jeffrey' investigating my computer. He could find nothing wrong my end, & eventually dropped my case. I STILL cannot access Grimefighter and I am much poorer financially.. WHAT A RIP-OFF!! I will never, ever, buy anything from Avast again, and there is no, obvious way I can find to complain to Avast about my problem.

What an awful company and what an awful product!