Author Topic: GrimeFighter License Problem  (Read 23876 times)

REDACTED

Re: GrimeFighter License Problem
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 11:56:40 PM »
I have the same problem. Worse- I contacted Avast and was talked into a 'one off' solution payment, which cost me £79.99! I spent 4 HOURS in front of my computer watching an 'engineer' 'Jeffrey' investigating my computer. He could find nothing wrong my end, & eventually dropped my case. I STILL cannot access Grimefighter and I am much poorer financially.. WHAT A RIP-OFF!! I will never, ever, buy anything from Avast again, and there is no, obvious way I can find to complain to Avast about my problem.

What an awful company and what an awful product!

Richard,

I have worked in customer service in a highly technical capacity diagnosing network issues, server hardware and OS issues, as well as streaming media issues for large governmental organizations, huge corporate entities, colleges, universities, small businesses, non-profits, and people who just wanted to use our product. I supported all current versions of Windows, both server and Desktop, Linux, and Solaris. Sometimes it is not possible to gather enough information to resolve the problem. It is also not always possible to replicate a problem. In addition time is not free. Ever have an electrical problem with your car and the mechanic could not resolve it? They charge for their time with the hope of resolving the electrical issue.

Perhaps Avast! did not manage your expectations properly. This is rule number one for me in my role in customer service. The customer should always know what to expect ahead of time, including the fact that if the problem is not resolved the money paid for diagnosis will not be refunded because time is money.

I no longer expect anything to be resolved ever by anybody and since then my happiness has gone up. I also do not pay for one off technical support as I am fully aware that not all problems can be solved. I am sorry that you had to learn this the hard way just like I did about twenty years ago.

My guess is that in my case the issue is with the license key not transferring from my previous version of Avast to the new one during the upgrade. Sometimes, depending upon the product, a person should un-register their product on that one PC or server to reallocate the license to be transferred to a new computer. I did not notice a method to remove the licensing for GrimeFighter in the old version so I did not try.

If my hypothesis is correct then the fix is on Avast!'s side to clear out the registered PC for affected accounts so that it can be reapplied to the current PC, thus changing the available usage from 0/1 to 1/1. I am very familiar with this sort of thing as the products that I used to support were locked to the physical hardware and we had to have the customer request to have a new clean key provided to them. Once the license was cleared they could activate their product.

The good news is that once Avast! has a form of resolution in place they can add that to their QA stack so that this problem never happens again.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 06:13:55 AM »
I contacted Avast and was talked into a 'one off' solution payment, which cost me £79.99! I spent 4 HOURS in front of my computer watching an 'engineer' 'Jeffrey' investigating my computer. He could find nothing wrong my end, & eventually dropped my case. I STILL cannot access Grimefighter and I am much poorer financially.. WHAT A RIP-OFF!! I will never, ever, buy anything from Avast again, and there is no, obvious way I can find to complain to Avast about my problem.
Report your experience to Vojta Nekvapil: nekvapil[at]avast.com (3rd Party Support Manager)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »
I'm really annoyed with this - I tried to submit a ticket twice about this and as far as I can see the ticket submission fails (not listed under my tickets).  I can't even submit a ticket about my problem  >:( >:( >:(
Can someone from Avast contact me - you have my email address. I want my money back as the product has been unusable.
Please do so ASAP and DO NOT ask me to submit a ticket as I have tried!!  (Using IE by the way)

Jon

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
I am ALSO having the same exact problem as stated above....
Here is my Ticket ID: LRB-657-54858. I have heard from Avast technical support by email. Their instructions were "we have reset your GrimeFighter license, could you please reboot your computer and try to run GrimeFighter again?" which is what I did but still have exact same problem so appears to be some glitch at Avast end.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 02:28:34 PM »
Hi All,

I am working with our Engineering team to find an answer to this issue asap.  Please accept our apologies and give me a day or two to try and get this resolved.

Many thanks,

Davidek

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »
Hi All,

I've just checked with Engineering and they were able to identify the problem.  A fix will definitely be issued this week.  It won't require any action from your side.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »
Hi All,

I've just checked with Engineering and they were able to identify the problem.  A fix will definitely be issued this week.  It won't require any action from your side.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Davidek

Thank you, David.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »
Perhaps Davidek should make the customer care centre & technical support team aware of this ongoing issue with Grimefighter

I just spoke with a supervisor name Edgar who returned my most recent call from this past Saturday. He & his team are unaware of any of the problems we have all been experiencing for the last 8 days, including the inability to even create a ticket.

If Avast is NOW aware of the problem, share this information with your team, so they can inform your customers that this is a known issue, rather than continue to have them attempt troubleshooting an issue that is beyond their abilities.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 10:03:19 PM »
Finally managed to receive a ticket #:

Ticket ID#ARD-927-19667
First and Last NameJames Falk
Emaildjjamesfalk@gmail.com

Subject: Grimefighter not working & issues with your Technical Support
Your MessageGrimefighter has not worked for me for the last 8 days now.

I have created multiple (4) complaints via the Avast Customer & Technical Support area, like THIS VERY message you are reading, but upon submitting I only get a computer generated response to my email address with no ticket ever being created.

The Avast forums have dozens of complaints with regards to:

1) Grimefighter not working (shows that we all have valid subscriptions, but that we have AVAILABLE USAGE OF 0/1.

2) Inability to create a support ticket via this very forum. This will be my 4th attempt to use this Technical Support area to generate a ticket.

I've just noticed that Grimefighter no longer appears a a product for sale by Avast. Going thru the menu options of Avast, I also notice that there seems to be no reference to Grimefighter even existing as an option.

Hoping that this finally generates a ticket so that I can begin resolution of this 8 day issue.

I also notice that to generate a ticket, that an order number is supposed to be quoted, but other than a brief mention of this when first logging in to this area, your menu system for product support never directly asks for this information.

Should there not be a header for this information, much like the:

1) First & Last name area
2) Email area
3) Subject area

Now ALSO realizing that every attempt to send this message results in the prompt "Something seems to be missing" is an immediate prompt the moment "submit" is clicked on, with it asking me to "attach files"

I have no files to attach, so why am I being prompted to do so?

The design of your support forum is SEVERELY flawed.

James Falk
(204) 294-5710
djjamesfalk@gmail.com

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 10:23:59 PM »
Hello James.
I would suggest removing your email address from public (it's not common practice) if you don't want hoards of SPAM. :)

Offline emir

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 02:04:40 AM »
I'm having the same problem as well. I bought Grimefighter last June 21 and it was working great for me. It sped up my 2 year old laptop. Lately my kids have been installing all sorts of games from steam and somehow slowed the system. When I checked my grimefighter this last week, it said that my laptop had several issues. When I clicked on the Optimize my PC button, it's asking me to activate my license. Which I already had.    I submitted a ticket back then at the site but now I can't even find the tech support section on my chrome browser.   I had to post my concerns here on the forum. 

I'm pretty happy with Avast. It saved me a ton of headaches from malware and viruses and I was pretty happy with Grimefighter.   Hopefully, the Avast guys can fix these hiccups on an otherwise great product.   Thanks.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
Hi James,

Support has been informed and will be passing the info to users now on any additional tickets.

One other comment, in Avast 2015 users must go to "scan for performance issues" in the Scan tab to launch GrimeFighter.  I agree it is not the most intuitive way and can lead to some confusion so I just wanted to add that info here.

Best regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 05:26:16 AM »
I am having this issue as well. So should I send in a ticket, or will this be automatically resolved?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 05:27:33 AM »
I am having this issue as well. So should I send in a ticket, or will this be automatically resolved?
See: Reply #20
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »
Hi Davidek,

How could I raise a ticket?

I keep getting a valid GrimeFighter license until the 02/06/2015, but my available usage is 0/1.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
                    Eduardo.

Hi James,

Support has been informed and will be passing the info to users now on any additional tickets.

One other comment, in Avast 2015 users must go to "scan for performance issues" in the Scan tab to launch GrimeFighter.  I agree it is not the most intuitive way and can lead to some confusion so I just wanted to add that info here.

Best regards,

Davidek