Author Topic: EDU Enterprise Console Email Alert Question  (Read 3342 times)

REDACTED

EDU Enterprise Console Email Alert Question
« on: December 01, 2014, 06:42:12 PM »
--Sorry ahead of time if this is an inappropriate forum for this question.--

Background Info:
avast! Enterprise Administration
Build: Apr2014 (8.0.369)
Xtreme Toolkit version 1.9.4.0

We have virus detection email notifications enabled on the console. When the email is sent out, the typical "avast! [computer-name]: File "file\path\here" message is sent out. My question is, is there a way that I can have avast reference a spreadsheet, database file (etc.) that will use the computer name as an input (query) and pull in other information linked to that computer name. For example, when computer ABC123 has the Mail Shield task used, it would be nice if ABC123 can be used to also pull in the user's name, current IP address, etc.

I have this information readily available in Spiceworks, so if avast was able to reference the computer name through Spiceworks that would also be great (so that it would be up to date data), but a spreadsheet or database search would work fine as well.

Thanks,
David
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:44:02 PM by David.VT »

REDACTED

Re: EDU Enterprise Console Email Alert Question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 03:25:32 PM »
I know bumping one's own post doesn't make anyone happy, but its been ten days... If this is unfeasible, or if no one actually knows, or if this should be in another section of the forum, please let me know!

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:28:49 PM »
Bump.

Offline Chad-bisd

• Hopeful, yet discontent
    • Beckville ISD
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »
I don't think anything like this is built into Avast! but I'm sure it can be implemented with some creativity and coding.  Depending on what type of mail server you route your Avast! emails through, you may be able to scan for and react based on the content of the messages.  You could even reroute your avast emails through a custom mail server that can be triggered to run commands to gather and compile information to add to the message before sending it on.