Author Topic: Does Avast Actually Care???  (Read 19985 times)

Offline TheViper4Life

Re: Does Avast Actually Care???
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 05:32:29 AM »
Hello guys,
we have identified the problem with Chatango. The binary communication that the flash plugin emits was parsed as SPDY traffic inside WebShield. We have now improved the detection of modern protocols SPDY and HTTP/2. The issue with Chatango seems to be fixed in our internal builds. When tested, we'll discuss how to deliver the fix to you.

Thanks for pointing out to the bug.
Lukas.
Awesome news!

I just bought a new laptop and tried installing the 2014 version of Avast, but no matter what I did it insisted on updating to the 2015 version, so I'm without the Flash version of Chatango until this fix is issued. So it's great to see this update.

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 01:52:54 AM »
6 Wks since I opened this thread...
10 Wks since 1st thread reporting this bug was opened...

And I was too harsh and roundly criticized for screaming about poor QA/QC & support??? -- Go Figua.....

If this was my shop programmers would be looking for a new home...

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2015, 02:09:21 AM »
Yep.
From my side, i suspect that this bug, or this slow correction to hide something else.
I removed avast from some of my other computers but i'm now thinking to remove it definitely from my main laptop.
Avast is my first anti-virus from my first laptop. I'm totally disappointed by this story.

For me, the most impressive thing in this story is that Lukor have said they have the patch since December 30 !

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2015, 08:49:48 AM »
2 Months since I started this thread
3 Months since it was first reported

And I got yelled at by all the fanboys for being rude and too loud, uh huh....

No fix yet...

Yeah, they care -- NOT!!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2015, 09:04:34 AM »
Well, you are too loud.
There is no need at all to use such large text and the red color.
It will not speed up things, mostly it is slowing down things.
Get real.

As Lukor said, they have found the problem, and sofar as it seems, also a fix.
If this is true, and I have no reason at all to think it is not, the fix (as well as several others) will be in the next release.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2015, 05:44:37 PM »
Hi, we are preparing new version which includes this fix. Beta should be available withing a few days.

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 08:34:07 PM »
 :) :) :) ??? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:(

You folks that are bashing people for having a bad attitude about Avast have to realize, it's beyond frustrating to have your tickets and posts ignored by Avast.  While Avast hides behind we get 1000's each day, all of those don't matter, but our personal problem does.  If we can't do X or Y because of Avast--then we need help in a reasonable amount of time....like 24-48 hours. Not never.

Avast is solely responsible for making people that are happy with Avast hate the product after having these issues.  If you're using a free version one would expect to wait longer but with a paid version Avast has to be on their game...there are plenty of other options out there.  .

I am impressed that the unpaid forum members are quick and can resolve issues, but Avast does not have the staff internally to do it...Hey how about hiring the forum members?  At least they get the job done when you cant, just saying.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
First and last warning : The next time someone posts in this topic in a inappropriate way with big letters like above, he/she will find his/her post deleted by me. Thank you !

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:11:21 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2015, 10:31:43 PM »
First and last warning : The next time someone posts in this topic in a inappropriate way with big letters like above, he/she will find his/her post deleted by me. Thank you !

Greetz, Red.
Thanks Red.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 10:53:26 PM »

Greetz, Red.
Thanks Red.

+1

This is very informative http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 05:02:26 AM »

Greetz, Red.

Really Rednose, you're taking issue with size 18 type font? It's inappropriate?  Maybe it's inappropriate that Avast ignores people's tickets.  Maybe it's inappropriate that  the only place we have to express our frustration is in this forum.  I can certainly say I didn't come here to fight with anyone, but I'll be damned if I'm going to crap from you.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 01:01:01 AM »
There is a new beta just released, that should fix the Chatango problem.I'd be happy if someone could verify that.

Thanks.
Lukas.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=165749.0

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »

Greetz, Red.
Thanks Red.

oh, we are supposed to just squeal like little mice while the great gods of Avast fanboydom tell us we are rude while barely addressing the actual problem and telling us to wait, wait, wait???

Perhaps you should change "RedNose" to "BrownNose" and it would be a more accurate representation of your bias towards the Co / Product over the people who have to live w/ it every day, have serious expectations of support actually being such, and can tell a "food poisoning" story for rest of life to anyone who even mentions the restaurant that did it too us while we will only pass along A++ reviews for about a week....

40 yrs of programming, 35 yrs as a professional in InfoTech Industry, and I have never seen a support Cluster-F*** this extreme -- almost 5 mths to fix what at most is a 5-line bug -- sell your BE NICE to someone who cares and put some more lipstick on that pig....and then just get over it, this is an industry of extremely smart people who don't tolerate idiots well and are damm loud and noisy when something doesn't work and tree-hugging is suggested instead of a crash-fix!!!!

Maybe I should just reach out to the VC investors in the Co (I know partners at all of them) and tell them how crappy their investment is treating their customers, having been involved in some way or another in over 20 IPO's I have a feeling they might just listen to me....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:23:35 AM by LazloInSF »

REDACTED

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 07:34:26 AM »
There is a new beta just released, that should fix the Chatango problem.I'd be happy if someone could verify that.

Thanks.
Lukas.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=165749.0

Will test as soon as I live w/ MS's Black-Tuesday patches for a few days to make sure that there are no gremlins there....