Author Topic: Already posted this in spanish section - perhaps someone could help a beginner!?  (Read 17871 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
 mstore10.mgc is where clips are stored for MS office so as such if it was deleted you would lose all your clips do you use clip organiser ?

REDACTED

I dont think i use clip manager... i have lots of photographs stored in my pictures but they are just there for storage rather than manipulating or organising ... during the scan on FRST i am doubly sure that next to the mstore10.mgc came up as *INFECTED*

I am running varify only... but will probably need hand holding still..

Am i better of formatting my hard drive???? does this sound like loads of corrupt files??

REDACTED

Last lot of results

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
FRST does not detect infections, it is a diagnostic tool

it was aswMBR
04:35:14.682    File: C:\Users\Peri\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Clip Organizer\mstore10.mgc  **INFECTED** Win32:Evo-gen [Susp]
Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] = Suspicious

REDACTED

Well what say you then Pondus... are there loads of little virus' and trojans and malware... shall i just format the hard drive????

Im really out of my depth now with regards what i should be doing to resolve the problem...

Want to put my fist through the screen at this point... running SFc/SCANNOW again and will do a 3rd time as recommended, im getting concerned keep downloading all this recommended software to get rid of things ive probably got my self a few more residents in the process!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Well what say you then Pondus... are there loads of little virus' and trojans and malware... shall i just format the hard drive???? 
I dont think so  ;)   ..... anyway Essexboy is the one to ask, he will be back online soon

REDACTED

PHEW!!.... For now... will go and have a cuppa tea and eat something... feel like ive been doing this for 24 hours straight now!... you guys are such little soldiers!!... Do people like your self and essex boy have a pot or anything??

Would like to buy you guys a drink or make a paypal donations (what ever your calling it nowadays!) to say thank you

Fingers crossed it all gets resolved,  ;D How do safely delete the FRST and Adwrcleaner programs and .exe files in my downloads folder?? Theres not an option to uninstall on programs and characteristics... do i just chuck them in the bin on my desktop??

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
2014-12-03 17:37:22, Info                  CSI    00000308 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"prevhost.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-Shell-PreviewHost, Version = 6.1.7601.17562, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-12-03 17:37:22, Info                  CSI    00000309 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:154{77}]"Package_1_for_KB2506928~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.2.0.2506928-2_neutral_GDR"
2014-12-03 17:38:19, Info                  CSI    0000030a [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:24{12}]"prevhost.exe"; source file in store is also corrupted
OK that file is corrupted, the next question is do you have a windows 7 cd or access to another computer ?

REDACTED

Nope absolutely not! im sorry... my laptop didnt come with a disk the man in the shop explained the windows 7 startup package in stored on the hard drive (probably bo11ox!)

Any clues!??

REDACTED

AM i fecked?? i just tried to call dell for some kind of assistance and got told because it was 3 mins short of 8 pm they wouldnt put me through....

Im well fed up now... feel like crying

How do i uninstall all the crap ive now got on my computer???? anyone???

pfttttttttttttttttttttttttttt........ :'(

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
I am just about to install windows 7 on my VM so I can extract a copy from there but, first I will have to update it to sp1

Watch this space

REDACTED

Watching this space

You are the Best essexboy.. thought it was all over for a minute there and i was beyond help!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Just run a diagnostic through the dell website.... it said that everything is fine CPU, memory etc. The only thing that failed was

TOSHIBA MK3265GSX ATA Device = Targeted Read Test = Failed

Is that a clue for you? xx

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
OK VM loaded now doing the boring bits of updating :)

REDACTED

Not sure what a VM is ....  ??? Hope all is going swell

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
Not sure what a VM is ....  ??? Hope all is going swell

Virtual Machine   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_machine

Essexboy is in bed now, will be back online after work hours european time