Author Topic: Avasts finds trojan in Google Search but can't unisntall the app  (Read 2445 times)

REDACTED

Avasts finds trojan in Google Search but can't unisntall the app
« on: December 03, 2014, 01:08:06 PM »
Hi,

I have installed avast antivirus in my phone and it has detected a Trojan in the Google Search app but is unable to uninstall it. I tried other antiviruses but most of them did not detect it and those which did could not remove it. I've tried uninstalling the app and tried resetting the device to the factory settings but it that didn't work either. Is it a false positive or is it really a virus? And if so, how do I get rid of it?

Everyday the apps DU Speed Booster, Baidu Browser and others are installed without my consent.

The alert message for the trojan is: Agent:Android-FNR [trj]

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:12:36 PM by leticiamm14 »

REDACTED

Re: Avasts finds trojan in Google Search but can't unisntall the app
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »
Hi,
we believe this detection seems to be correct. Could you send us .apk files which is detected? for further assistance please contact our support team.

Best regards,

Chytry

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:41:55 PM »
Thank you so much!

I'm new at this forum-thing so I don't know how to do these things, where do I send the .apk file? By the support team you meant the Avast Virus Lab or avast! Technical Support, or none of those two? I'm sorry for the questions, but I really have no idea.

Thanks again!

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 08:24:59 AM »
Hello,
through http://support.avast.com/ -> Avast Virus Lab

Milos