Author Topic: Unable to insert the license file  (Read 9556 times)

REDACTED

Unable to insert the license file
« on: December 04, 2014, 06:51:21 AM »
I purchased a one year license of secureline yesterday, they sent me a license file which doesn't seem to work, I keep getting the following message "Unable to insert the license file", I have sent 2 messages (tickets) yesterday to Avast custumer service, no answer until now. I am a bit frustrated and I started doubting, I would appreciate your help please to install secureline on my PC.
Thanks

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Unable to insert the license file
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 08:10:31 PM »
Hi
 Have you made sure Secureline is installed.
When you go to Control Panel/ Programs,features/Select Avast to Change, when presented with Avast installation options make sure 'Secureline' is checked in the middle(tools) Column.
If not select Secureline and follow instructions.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:21:48 PM »
Hi
 Have you made sure Secureline is installed.
When you go to Control Panel/ Programs,features/Select Avast to Change, when presented with Avast installation options make sure 'Secureline' is checked in the middle(tools) Column.
If not select Secureline and follow instructions.

Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer, I have found it, I had to download avast antivirus the free version and then open the secureline license file using avast antivirus, It's amazing!,  the email sent to me by Avast when I purchased secureline never said that, it was unclear.
I sent them 2 emails (tickets) about 2 or 3 days ago, no answer until now, I wonder if Avast customer service exist really!!.
Cheers.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:44:52 PM »
You're welcome, glad it's working for you now. :)

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:25:05 PM »
Hi Amranen,

I'd like to understand the steps you took a bit better.  Did you previously have Avast Antivirus installed or did you just install it for the first time after the error message?  Or was the box unchecked in setup and you changed that?

If you could please provide a log file that would be great.  That can be found in Computer, Program Data, Avast Software, Avast, Log.  The file is SecureLine.txt

Thanks,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »
I had the same issue/error prompt when trying to click on/install/insert the activation file sent to me via email after the purchase. I checked under Control Panel/Avast/Change and SecureLine was checked. I had to download and install the standalone SecureLine program along side the Avast Free Antivirus version for it to take. After the file was successful, I uninstalled the standalone SecureLine program and then I was able to access the SecureLineVPN from the Avast Free Antivirus.  Using Windows 10 and have been using the free version of Avast for years before attempting to install the SecureLine VPN. Hope this helps someone else!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 05:25:05 PM by 420tech »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 07:12:16 PM »
I had the same issue/error prompt when trying to click on/install/insert the activation file sent to me via email after the purchase. I checked under Control Panel/Avast/Change and SecureLine was checked. I had to download and install the standalone SecureLine program along side the Avast Free Antivirus version for it to take. After the file was successful, I uninstalled the standalone SecureLine program and then I was able to access the SecureLineVPN from the Avast Free Antivirus.  Using Windows 10 and have been using the free version of Avast for years before attempting to install the SecureLine VPN. Hope this helps someone else!

Aside from posting in a Topic over a year old, the procedure you have described certainly sounds "quirky" and not at all typical. ???
I'm not at all sure just what was going on with your installation however possibly someone from Avast might have an idea.