Author Topic: FireFox Extension's  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
FireFox Extension's
« on: September 06, 2005, 06:30:34 PM »
I've been a FireFox user for over six months now, and very happy with it.
I've no problem with the plugins,they are all from reputable software companies. Such as :
#Macromedia Flash Player,
# Apple QuickTime
# Real Networks RealPlayer
# Windows Media Player
# Adobe Acrobat Reader
# Sun Microsystems Java Plug-in
But the Extensions seem to be developed by individuals . Is it risky to try these little add-ons, is it "use at your own risk" ?
I've had no problems as yet really except I  changed from the Default (Browser) Theme , and tried a "custom built " one by some individual, which looked great but got rid of it after  it kept freezing up .
The themes and extensions are listed at the Mozilla site so it's easy to assume they're certified for use by Mozilla for FireFox.
At the moment I'm using I.E. view1.2.4 extension. which is great for switching to IE, when I need , but I'm a bit wary of all the available  extensions , and themes.
Any advice FireFox users  ???

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: FireFox Extension's
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:50:59 PM »
Well I'm probably the reverse 0 plug-ins listed in my Options Downloads, Plug-ins, but flash still works I remember installing it but it doesn't show up in the list.

I have 22 extensions and 0 themes. I check out any extension I'm going to try first, there is usually enough feedback or on word of mouth.

The best thing to do is only install one extension at a time and after a period of testing/stability another and so on. There are some that I couldn't do with out, SpellBound for one, DictionarySearch, Translate, AdBlock, Cookie Culler, FlashBlock, to name my absolute essentials.

I would star with those on the mozilla.org extensions area for the reasons stated before branching out into other mirrors and extension locations and follow the same advice on research and test only one at a time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Abraxas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Perseverance Furthers...
    • PCLinuxOS-Forums
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 09:07:20 PM »
Thanks DavidR , I appreciate your advice .

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:26:43 PM »
Your welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security