Author Topic: Avast I need your response please  (Read 3581 times)

REDACTED

Avast I need your response please
« on: December 05, 2014, 10:20:19 PM »
Hello, I guess this is my last way of reaching you guys. Basically I downloaded avast like i always have, But then weeks later i noticed my bank account was in the negatives. I got charged $54.43 by digital river and they told me they work with avast and i was signed up with recurring payment for the anti virus, they said i was supposed to recieve an email but i didn't.
I called my bank and they said to contact avast and if avast didn't comply to call them back. It's been over two weeks and my tickets and everything else went without response.
I called my bank again and they said i should contact paypal since the transaction was also made through them and they filed a claim for me but it's not guaranteed I'll get a refund and if that doesn't work they're going to open an investigation and begin a huge complicated thing. Of course i don't want it to get that complicated so please pleease can i just gave my refund, digital river  already canceled the automatic payment.
please just respond and let's get this done with.  :'(

REDACTED

Re: Avast I need your response please
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 10:23:31 PM »
Sorry my phone posted this thread twice

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 10:36:44 PM »
Whenever you purchase a license for avast through Digital River you will be nailed
with a recurring payment. There is a screen during the purchase to "opt-out" of the
recurring payment. I have made it a practice of slowing down and carefully reading
each and every screen so I don't get stuck with something I don't want. Please re-check
your email for the email Digital River said they sent. The one thing about posting here is
we don't work for avast we are user volunteers. To contact avast use http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

BTW, it wasn't your phone which double posted the forum did. The forums have been acting up.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:53:17 PM »
But then weeks later i noticed my bank account was in the negatives. I got charged $54.43 by digital river and they told me they work with avast and i was signed up with recurring payment for the anti virus, they said i was supposed to recieve an email but i didn't.
Digital River is a company that processes invoices and such for many (large) companies, including avast. It is a fully legal and trustful company.

You got charged because you allowed "automatic renewal" when you bought avast.
Nothing wrong with that, it was your own choice.
avast nor Digital River can't help it that your bank account was/is in the negative.
Only you can.
You should make sure there is enough money on it.

You claim that you haven't received a email.
I doubt that very much.
You may have not read it, but that is not the same as not having received it.
It can be it landed in your spam folder or (if you have it) was removed before you could read it by your spam filter.
It's been over two weeks and my tickets and everything else went without response.
That is your own fault. As has been explained many times... Submitting multiple tickets/changing a existing one will put you back at the bottom of the stack which means you will have to wait longer.

If avast decides to give you a refund, you should consider yourself lucky.
They can't help it if you buy something without having the money for it.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »
It was never my intent to buy avast, i just got offered a free trial of the full thing so i decided to try it, but i did not see that i would be automatically charged after the trial. So strange i swear I've read it and there was nothing i saw about automatic renewal that would of popped out at me.
I had no idea opening a new ticket would put you at the bottom I've never done this before, my first time going on the forums as well.

Offline avaster78

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 09:00:20 AM »
How can avast charge you, if they don't have you bank account number etc?? Or do you have to give one, when trying free trial?
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit. Avast Free Latest. Opera (Chromium). SpywareBlaster 5.5. Windows 10 Firewall Control Free 64-bit (together w/ Windows Firewall). HW: HP G5139sc - Athlon II X2 220 2.8 GHz - 4 GB (Dual-channel). VDSL2 Modem Router w/ Firewall. Internet 50Mbs.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »
I had no idea opening a new ticket would put you at the bottom
You do now ;) So don't submit another ticket or change a existing one or you will end up at the bottom again. It can unfortunately take a while, but they will handle your ticket(s).
I suggest you post your ticket number(s) here in your next post.
It may speed up things a bit.

I'm not working for avast so I can't do anything for you other then providing information.
I hope it will be resolved soon.