Author Topic: Glass Wall  (Read 7078 times)

Walker

Glass Wall
« on: October 31, 2003, 08:23:51 PM »
As often happens, curiosity has got the better of me  :) Anyone have any thoughts.....

I wonder how accurate the claims made by Avecho www.avecho.net that their 'Glass Wall' technology is a 100% virus solution "guaranteed" ! ??? !.

I can't find anything in their description that gives away the technology (nothing different or obvious from everyone else anyway).

Anyone know more on this?.

Walker.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 08:24:44 PM by Walker »

Pavel Baudis

Re:Glass Wall
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 08:47:20 PM »
As often happens, curiosity has got the better of me  :) Anyone have any thoughts.....

I wonder how accurate the claims made by Avecho www.avecho.net that their 'Glass Wall' technology is a 100% virus solution "guaranteed" ! ??? !.

Never heard of "100% virus protection, stops ALL viruses, past present and future" ;) ??

This stuff was very popular between marketoids in the last decade of last century  ;D - and time to time it pops up even today. There is no such thing as 100% virus protection and never will be! (Well the only one which really works says never turn your computer on :))

Pavel

Walker

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 09:23:03 PM »
This stuff was very popular between marketoids in the last decade of last century  ;D - and time to time it pops up even today. There is no such thing as 100% virus protection and never will be! (Well the only one which really works says never turn your computer on :))

:) :) :)

Exactly what have thought, apart from... 'never say never'   ;D

You gotta admit though Pavel, this organisation is really sticking in your face (not yours personally, nor A-V  houses  ;) ) . they either have to come up trumps or eat a lot of humble pie soon  8) .

(Well the only one which really works says never turn your computer on :))

Is this an Adwil recommendation or are you just trying to make it hard for me to log onto the forum <OK, I know the answer> ;D

Walker.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 11:18:28 PM »
Wow this is a really serious stuff. I WANT THIS SOFTWARE. I want to evaluate it, really! REALLY! ::)

http://www.avecho.net/virus.center/how.it.works.cfm

So is this the end of avast....? :-[

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Walker

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 11:26:36 PM »
Wow this is a really serious stuff... http://www.avecho.net/virus.center/how.it.works.cfm ...

He He... well spotted Vlk, if their A-V is that good ... get worrying  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 11:32:01 PM by Walker »

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 08:11:25 AM »
I have to enable thier cookie in order to view the site, I do not like this  >:(
MW

Walker

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 12:16:41 PM »
I have to enable thier cookie in order to view the site, I do not like this  >:(

Annoying, but a fact on many sites Mina. Your lucky, I couldn't even get that far on the site, so we still don't know what their technology/system is all about  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 01:44:16 PM »
The claims made by Avecho www.avecho.net that their 'Glass Wall' technology is a 100% virus solution "guaranteed" ! ??? !.

Who tell them such a thing? God?  ;D
Does any 'bad guy' who compile virus know this? They will lost their 'job'  8)
The best things in life are free.