Author Topic: Satisfaction Survey  (Read 39319 times)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Satisfaction Survey
« on: December 08, 2014, 05:23:17 PM »
I would like to kindly ask you to fill this short survey about Avast for Windows:

http://www.avast.com/survey?qp_sid=4050279

It will take you just few minutes. Your feedback is important to us, both positive and negative.

Thank you.
Martin

REDACTED

Re: Satisfaction Survey
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:08:34 PM »
Had to turn off IE Tracking Protection, Active X Filtering, and AdFender just to get this to display. 

After attempting to fill it out twice and having it reload the first page blank after clicking continue and then not loading at all another time, it's most likely due to my blocking of third party cookies.

Do you want to know my answers or do you want to spy on me more so than you already do?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:19:52 PM »
Survey worked fine with "high" security settings in Opera.

dprout,
you know that avast isn't spying on you.
Read their terms/agreement/explanation about what information they gather.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 06:37:53 PM »
my satisfaction is going down pretty fast, not only has the product stopped working as expected, but they assume I am a liar and even logged in I have to do the stupid captcha BS.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 06:42:28 PM »
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »
Was that indicated someplace I missed, or do I have to be psychic?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
Was that indicated someplace I missed, or do I have to be psychic?
you would automatically find out when doing post 4    ;)   ....something is missing here

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »
I am not going to disable security add-ons and enable third party cookies just to fill this
survey.If you are interested in my mostly positive opinion about Avast make normal survey
without spying part.
Enjoy.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
I am not going to disable security add-ons and enable third party cookies just to fill this
survey.If you are interested in my mostly positive opinion about Avast make normal survey
without spying part.
Enjoy.

You don't understand, or maybe you do, the only reason for the survey sites to exist is to gather information to sell to ad companies; nobody cares about our opinions. :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 08:23:17 PM »
Everyone is spying on you Eddy... from God all the way down to your children trying to figure out when you are coming back from vacation so they can throw that block party!
1]
No, not everyone. If everyone did, no-one is working :P
2]
God doesn't exist, I do.
3]
I don't have children
4]
I don't go on vacation.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 09:22:18 PM »
Survey doesn't work.
So here's my feedback:
- Like the new look of avast
- Dislike the way SSL scanning brings surfing to a crawl or breaks website functionality completely
- Like the software updater
- Dislike the browser plugin that caused (causes?) more troubles than protection
- Dislike the firewall that causes strange issues and audio crackling (high DCP latency)
- Like the fact your basic version of the avast virusscanner up until this day has remained free of charge

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
Worked fine for me, filled it as i see it at the moment.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 09:59:12 PM »
Filled up the survey with no problems by using Google Chrome. Much appreciated for the survey MartinZ  :)

MartinZ: I have one feedback that I want to put it here which there wasn't an appropriate place to insert it i.e. additional comments/ or such in your survey. It is about the Avast Uninstall Utility. The avast uninstall utility page http://www.avast.com/en-nz/uninstall-utility it's steps is incorrect.

The correct steps should be this as follows:

1)Download and run the avast uninstall utility tool in windows normal mode.
2) It will notify the user that this tool will run your computer automatically in windows Safe Mode and click "yes". After that follow the instructions.

I have told this to lukor via PM last month and he said that he will forward this to the web/support team to fix the description. Reason I am saying this is that new users of avast products if they run into issues/problems they will follow the current steps mentioned in the avast uninstall utility which is the incorrect way of using the tool. Please fix this minor issue. Thanks.

Much appreciated again. Have a great week. Have a awesome long summer holiday for Christmas  :)
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 10:11:17 PM »
MartinZ: I have one feedback that I want to put it here which there wasn't an appropriate place to insert it i.e. additional comments/ or such in your survey. It is about the Avast Uninstall Utility. The avast uninstall utility page http://www.avast.com/en-nz/uninstall-utility it's steps is incorrect.

The correct steps should be this as follows:

1)Download and run the avast uninstall utility tool in windows normal mode.
2) It will notify the user that this tool will run your computer automatically in windows Safe Mode and click "yes". After that follow the instructions.

I have told this to lukor via PM last month and he said that he will forward this to the web/support team to fix the description. Reason I am saying this is that new users of avast products if they run into issues/problems they will follow the current steps mentioned in the avast uninstall utility which is the incorrect way of using the tool. Please fix this minor issue. Thanks.
Well, as a matter of fact, both will work.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »
Well Asyn the corrected steps that I mentioned I got it from bob3160 and I mentioned it to Lukor via PM and he agreed with me! Would be nice to let everyone be on the same page. I feel that this is the correct method to use this tool.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:51:24 AM by Staticguy »
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2