Author Topic: Satisfaction Survey  (Read 39330 times)

REDACTED

Re: Satisfaction Survey
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 04:03:22 AM »
I tried the survey twice, but each time I click ‘continue’ on the 2nd page, I just get redirected to the start of the survey and all fields are blank, so this is my info:

Used ~3-5 years

PLUS:
* A simple program to use.
* Ability to exclude directors or drives, or even removable drives.
* Ability to scan ONLY a selected directory (Hard drive or removable drive) I love.

NEUTRAL:
* Would like to see a 'give feedback' via program itself, just a little ‘send feedback’ button in the ‘about’ panel of the program, you can type your feedback and it will send that info to the programmers/Techsupport as well as your OS type [Windows/Mac and 32 or 64bit/etc) so you know what people like or dis-like about your program as well as what features they like or don't like and why. Would help you a lot I think.

NEGATIVE:
* No ability to scan a 2nd OS’s registry only *separate HDD or different partition not in use*
* A 'all-in-one' program...that means it clashes with other programs I'd rather use for a feature you try to SHOVE in your program to hopefully work with other software I’d rather use instead. I also don’t find this out until AFTER I installed it and no way to disable that part/feature at all so I can use what I want instead. [aka: I find out that this programs main/side feature/option isn't compatible with this program I already have installed on my PC, didn't know that until after I installed it]
* Programs auto-update: When it finds and auto-installs latest version of program via the program itself, I get NO control over the install process (like if I want to customize the install, I can’t) and any 3rd party programs that come with it that it installs them also without my ok. Now if I manually download and install the update, I can actually say NO to them (Google Chrome/etc) and customize my install.
* Auto-move files to 'virus chest' just because of a file have a word in it that it doesn’t like or has some coding like a virus but isn't a virus (program to remove DRM, save/backup a programs pro key/license for program) etc, tend to get removed very easily without asking me first.

Other thoughts:
* Change the default/first install action to be set to 'ask' and not 'auto-remove/delete' like you normally do, that should have been changed long ago….why would I want a program to auto-remove/delete a program that might or might not be a threat? I want to be told this and asked what it should do.

Think about it, if you add features that some MIGHT like but the majority don’t like, your going to loose customers. If your customers aren’t happy, your doing something wrong and will loose on current and possibly future customers.

Just my Info on the subject, enjoy ;)

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 01:49:33 PM »
I had to disable Adguard to get the survey page to show, did the survey but the continue button keeps the 3 page survey in a continued loop without actually every saying it's finished ??? seems the survey page is about as bugged as the forum with it's glitches everywhere ( had to retype this post as the forum ate it again >:( )

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »
For me using firefox and NoScript - There are too many 3rd party scripts to allow before even being able to complete the survey (see attached image) - under normal circumstances I certainly don't allow doubleclick.net and

I have to question the requirement for googletagmanager, googleadservices.com, not to mention the others in my attachment, just to view the avast.com page to even get to the survey. So I didn't even get past stage one, the avast page.

You get the picture, I'm a trusting sort, NOT.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 06:01:13 PM »
I also didn't proceed. :o

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »
You guys all talk about how bad the product is and yet you still come here. I think Avast have done a pretty good job as far as security solutions go.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 07:14:55 PM »
You guys all talk about how bad the product is and yet you still come here. I think Avast have done a pretty good job as far as security solutions go.

Who is talking about how bad the product is - it is the hoops that you have to go through just to try and complete the survey.

Having used avast for over ten years if the product was bad do you really think I or other long time avast users would still be here and helping out in the avast forums ???
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 07:30:38 PM »

Well the reason I come back is the same reasons that I wrote in the survey, but which will never be seen on the survey because I'm not knocking down all my security to take a survey and it wont process without doing so... :

The actual security portion is good.
I like all the options to be able to control how it interacts with my system.

However, you seem to think if someone likes something then they shouldn't give constructive criticism or have negative opinions of other aspects of Avast.  It's not one or the other and as you'll notice, the OP requested negative and positive, so being a cheerleader doesn't help anyone accomplish anything except making them think that their sh*t don't stink and they never do anything to fix anything.  To the opposite beating them down without ever saying anything positive is deflating.  There can be a healthy mix of both.

Even though the actual core product is great, I personally think it speaks loud volumes to have users being ignored when they are requesting refunds and no one responds, reporting bugs which go unfixed for over a year, having a customer service line that is blatantly ripping people off, knowing about the problem posting on the forum and they haven't bothered to fix it, putting out a survey which is loaded with more spyware than I care to count etc., etc., etc.  I come back because the product itself is good... I talk bad about it because there are bad things which exist which should be corrected in a timely manner.

IMHO.   

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 07:35:14 PM »

Yes, pretty much a 'blanket statement'
What exactly are you basing this perception on??
This is a Security Forum, addressing not just Avast issues, but malware, additional Security software/Concerns etc etc
And to add, user input both positive and negative plays a roll in improving and moving anything forward.  :)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
I got through 2 pages OK, but "continue" from 2nd page took me back to blank 1st page with to way to submit.  I set Firefox's NoScript to temporarily allow entire first page.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 01:59:44 AM »
I got through 2 pages OK, but "continue" from 2nd page took me back to blank 1st page with to way to submit.  I set Firefox's NoScript to temporarily allow entire first page.

Same here >:( :P

Offline nana3

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 03:50:21 AM »
Did the survey close already since I get only a grey screen with nothing on it.

Avast! needs to concentrate on what matters the most and that is being an ANTIVIRUS.  Over the years Avast morphed into a software for everything under the sun.  It is way too bloated!!  Yes I know that a custom install is possible but having to do that with every program update is unsatisfactory in my view and am getting fed up with doing custom installs over and over again.

Avast! needs to concentrate into lowering the high level of false positives that it is known for.  Yes I got bitten as well.

I yearn for the 4.8 Avast! Simple, yet effective.  Stop being everything to everyone of us because in doing so you create more problems than solutions which is showing time after time after a program update.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 04:29:35 AM »
Seems to work well on my computer and phone, also uses less memory. But then some people just like a good ol bitch don't they. Thanks

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:08 AM »
Seems to work well on my computer and phone, also uses less memory. But then some people just like a good ol bitch don't they. Thanks
Seems like you don't even know what we're all complaining about ::) " the survey page being full of tracking scripts " which for those of us with software to block such elements cannot view the page correctly if at all without disabling security features.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2014, 02:31:57 PM »
Mine did not even show up. Its just a blank page with a dark blue(?) background with the message 'Protecting more than 220 million people.' at the top right corner! Everything is default here with however adblock plus enabled. If I need to make changes to complete the survey, I think that's not worth because I had completed surveys of other products and they went fine.

Sorry about that.

But my satisfaction rating for avast would be 'Satisfied' (not highly but moderately) compared to other AV products I had used.

I am running with an issue here with avast firewall (I might be posting soon) but otherwise, it does its job ok.
I will also never understand how avast pass all the test (cloud detection is not consistent) at amtso[dot]org with Internet Explorer but fails few test with Firefox, performed at different time and session. I tried to find the reason but not hard enough maybe!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:07:13 PM by Ð…eeкɘя »

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 06:42:38 AM »
I would like to kindly ask you to fill this short survey about Avast for Windows:

http://www.avast.com/survey?qp_sid=4050279

It will take you just few minutes. Your feedback is important to us, both positive and negative.

Thank you.
Martin
[/quote

Martin  You said you want the feedback positive and negative.  Well, mine is negative.  I think your customer service is a joke.  First you can only be contacted through a support ticket and then you wait, wait, wait, and wait more for a reply other than the auto-reply saying someone will get back to in 24 hours.  Since November 21, I have been asking for a refund on the Avast Internet Security, GrimeFighter, and Total Support.  I believe I was duped into buying the Total Support because I called technical support to ask them to help me to get GrimeFighter to work.  Nothing the tech did worked.  Neither did my computer work faster or better as he said it would.  I want my refund and I want it right away.  This is getting ridiculous that I have to keep putting in support tickets and not getting my refund.  I have nothing but negative to say about this company now.  I was told by my son that this was "the" antivirus to use, he raves about it and customer service.  Well, he is totally wrong.  I am letting people know to avoid Avast at all costs and that means, do not pay for their products.  They scam you on their 30 day money back guarantee.  I AM NOT SATISFIED with this company at all!!!
    >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(