Author Topic: Registered ??  (Read 2709 times)

REDACTED

Registered ??
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »
Hey guys, I just formatted a harddrive and reinstalled Windows, then I installed Avast Free, after the quick scan I went to the Register option and it said I was Registered. It didn't go to the Registration page for my name and email address it just automatically registered me. Any other time I had to put in my information. Is this a problem, that I should be concerned about ? Thanks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Registered ??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:27:24 PM »
No problem.
avast was already thinking about changing the registration process for the free version.
Looks they have done it.
Take a look at how long the registration is valid.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 12:36:32 AM »
Hey Eddy, I installed Avast last night and as of right now it says I have 299 days left. I installed Avast Free 2 days ago on another machine and needed to register it, but not on mine. I didn't know if something was going on that I didn't know of.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 10:23:16 AM »
Did you had the system before the clean installation connected to your avast account?
Perhaps that is why the registration took place automatically.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »
This is my computer that I use to mostly download and save drivers on in case they're needed on another reinstall on other machines. I had Avast Free installed on the computer before it was formatted and reinstalled with Windows. I Full Format, then install Windows(from disk), install video and audio drivers(from disk), install wireless driver(saved on usb), then Flash Player, then head straight to Avast to get Avast Free. That was the routine. Everything seems to be working fine, it just caught me off guard because when I clicked Register I automatically was and that never happens and I never heard anyone say it happened to them.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 03:20:58 AM »
Hey guys, I keep getting told to just switch to Panda, but I like Avast, so I just might uninstall it and reinstall avast. Thanks for trying.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 03:52:14 AM »
No need to uninstall/install.
It is registered, it is working.
Just enjoy the protection and don't worry about it.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 03:57:31 AM »
Thanks Eddy. I'll follow your instructions. Thanks again for all your help.