Author Topic: starting a new poll  (Read 8067 times)

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
starting a new poll
« on: October 25, 2003, 11:03:27 AM »
I noticed a poll at Wilders Security Forum, that I thought it will be interesting if we started a similar one..  ::)
Can we?  ???
MW

techie101

Re:starting a new poll
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2003, 04:32:41 PM »
minacross,

It might not be a bad idea if the topic was properly picked.

Look at some of the 10 pages of comments in the Wilder's Poll and you will quickly see why such a  poll could easily get out of hand.

Yeh ha....Woopie....Yahoooo.....Super......etc etc  ;D

It was suggested by Technical in another post that we have a poll on future AVAST features.  NOW I LIKE THAT ONE!

techie ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 04:35:59 PM by techie101 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 02:37:34 AM »
minacross,

It might not be a bad idea if the topic was properly picked.

Look at some of the 10 pages of comments in the Wilder's Poll and you will quickly see why such a  poll could easily get out of hand.

Yeh ha....Woopie....Yahoooo.....Super......etc etc  ;D

It was suggested by Technical in another post that we have a poll on future AVAST features.  NOW I LIKE THAT ONE!

techie ;)

The limitations of poll foruns are in YaBB software (web support). It does not allows what the user wants. Each poll permits only one choose... I want a poll forum that the users could fill a form (Yes or No) for features that could be added to avast!

Simple poll foruns are loose of time like techie said: Yeh ha....Woopie....Yahoooo.....Super......etc etc
The best things in life are free.

Walker

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 02:59:27 AM »
How's you 'poll' / 'wishlist' coming along Tech... still waiting on Pavel's input?

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 10:27:17 AM »
How's you 'poll' / 'wishlist' coming along Tech... still waiting on Pavel's input?
As I said here: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1460;start=msg8941#msg8941 any user can setup the poll now - just use it with care  ;)

Pavel

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 12:39:17 PM »

Is going... maybe this week I´ll finish the compilation of avast! features (already implemented and wished)... As Pavel say above, I'm not waiting for his answer (already posted). The poll forum has a limitation for my needs...
I think by now that I'll submit the posible text (which I want to post) to Vlk as it will be related to avast technical stuff...
Thanks Pavel anyway  :-\

Walker

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 01:42:50 PM »
As I said here: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1460;start=msg8941#msg8941 any user can setup the poll now - just use it with care  ;)

Pavel

Ooops, I didn't dot the i's and cross the t's again  ;) . For brevity I used 'poll/wishlist'  :-\ . Must remember not to read everything ... http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1537;start=0 ....
so I wish Pavel could say something to us.

;D :) ;)

BTW Pavel.... thank you for the other 'favour'  :)

Walker
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 01:45:38 PM by Walker »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 02:13:02 AM »

Is going... maybe this week I´ll finish the compilation of avast! features (already implemented and wished)... As Pavel say above, I'm not waiting for his answer (already posted). The poll forum has a limitation for my needs...
I think by now that I'll submit the posible text (which I want to post) to Vlk as it will be related to avast technical stuff...
Thanks Pavel anyway  :-\

I post 8 messages at WISHLIST forum yesterday  ;D
But I do not use a poll forum because this kind of stuff does not match the purpose of a compilation... The user could not vote but could 'quote' or 'add' new suggestions.

Is there any poll forum at avast! by now? Could anybody post its link?  :D

Walker

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 02:15:35 AM »
It's still past my bed time.... I can't follow that Tech  ;D ;

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »
It's still past my bed time.... I can't follow that Tech  ;D ;

Good dreams! See when you can...
Vlk, igor, Pavel... do you have any comments about that posts?  ;D

Walker

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2003, 01:02:51 PM »
Good dreams! See when you can...

You a bit late Tech.... that message was hours ago, I'm back to being a wide awake annoyance now  ;D ;D