Author Topic: Port Scan Detection and Internet Connectivity!  (Read 2262 times)

REDACTED

Port Scan Detection and Internet Connectivity!
« on: December 12, 2014, 06:34:11 AM »
Hi, Last time I had posted about issues relating to internet connectivity problem which unfortunately did not get any solution (https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=160178.msg1150502#msg1150502)

Today still the problem persist. I had to disable the firewall to get the access. So I looked into firewall logs and in the rules blocking section , there are port scan detection results. I believe that was the reason why I don't get access. I checked the time when it happens and they somehow matches with the report. I am attaching the screenshot of the same.

One of the IPs is my default DNS address and other is google along with facebook domain and others who carried out port scanning and Firewall rightfully blocked them. But when this happens, why should firewall block the ability to continue browsing/downloading?

It is annoying at best! This did not happen in earlier version. I can disable the feature but wouldn't that be a risk?! Any help?

REDACTED

Re: Port Scan Detection and Internet Connectivity!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »
"why should firewall block the ability to continue browsing/downloading?"  If, indeed, all access to internet is being blocked, then Avast should provide a valid answer.  Quit the BS.