Author Topic: Grimefighter locks up?  (Read 3501 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter locks up?
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:50:35 PM »
Grimefighter has run for over 36hours and it still says ONE MOMENT with nothing happening on the screen. Is it something on my end or is it Grimefighter? This is the 3rd time i have tried to run it and the 3rd time it has locked up. This is the longest I have let it run. I was out of the house for the weekend so I thought I would just let it run. The 1st and 2nd time it ran about 8 hours with the same results. Either need help or refund.  :(
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:53:49 PM by Greg30 »

REDACTED

Re: Grimefighter locks up?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:28:24 AM »
I am having the same problem, when the system reboots to clean up the grime it just hangs. Have tried downloading GrimeFighter a second time just in case there was a corruption the first time. Also switched off Avast for a while, nothing I did helped.  :(

Looking forward to a resolution.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:52:50 AM »
Purchased Grimefighter and it started to run then BAM...computer shutdown and now my display is gone...Called support and told them I want a refund at the least. They then proceeded to argue that we had to get the refund online and there was no supervisor to talk too. I'm out a laptop, $40.00 bucks and no resolution in sight. I am PISSED!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 02:02:33 AM »
The Grimefighter screen indicated that my computer was "sedated" then hung. My computer is now disabled. There is a screen on reboot that shows an option to return to windows but the keyboard and mouse are disabled. I will have to take my computer  to the shop tomorrow  unless someone has a cure for me. I called Avast tech support and they did not even make an effort to help. They wanted to sell me some over-priced tech support to help solve the problem they caused. This is malware.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
Hi! I had also the same problem a couple of hour ago. At the end of the grimefighter running (about after 2 hours) came a notice, that "avast Motor had a "bug"  and couldnĀ“t work/clean my desk...and they will soon correct that... Can I really trust this? I want my money back!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:49:53 PM by aki.mettinen »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 06:03:53 AM »
I took my computer to the shop today. They fixed the problem instantly. Why couldn't Avast tech support have helped? I guess it is all a scheme to sell their high-priced support which is pretty bad. I have expunged Avast from my computer and good riddance. Any company that won't support its software is unwelcome. A malfeasant malware company exercising such a malicious scheme should be shunned out of existence.