Author Topic: Grimefighter issues, no response to refund request  (Read 13396 times)

REDACTED

Grimefighter issues, no response to refund request
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:34:24 PM »
It seemed like a useful program, so I bought Grimefighter.  Download and installation went well, restarted machine before running as I always do with any new software.  Program started up properly detected some alleged problems and prompted for reboot.  After the 'Cartoon', which I thought would be more at home in pre-schooler software, I got a notification it couldn't connect to internet.  Tried the retry button but ended up having to reboot to windows.  I connect by cable from ethernet card to DSL modem, hardwired to main.  I checked into this with my ISP, I found programs are not permitted to access through them without login.  As this is trying to go online without Windows, there is no way I can log in.  I have sent a request for a refund ticket as it is of no use to me, and so far haven't received any response.  I see in the forums this is not an isolated case, just wanted to know if I should resubmit, or just wait a few days.  By the looks of the forums there are a lot of refund requests, but a one line acknowledgement, even a standard form message would be appreciated.   

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Grimefighter issues, no response to refund request
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:07:15 AM »
Hello binder

'Do not' resubmit as this will only put you back, The refund process can take up to 15 Business days (3 weeks)
You can post your Ticket # here and this will allow for monitoring your progress with the process. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 12:20:42 AM »
I realize all this, I'm just saying an automated reply would be appreciated, just to let a person know it was received.  So I sit on my hands for 3 weeks, then get another run around to get past the 30 day window for returns. I am just glad I've only got  about 4 months till my Internet Security license comes up for renewal, gives me time to research my next firewall/Av package.  Getting a bit irritated with the dumbed down interface and the thinly disguised plugs for your other 'services', anyhow.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 11:26:02 AM »
Hi binder,

Please post your support ticket number here and I will ask our refund team to expedite your refund.

Apologies for this issue, we are working on a way to avoid this in the future although I understand your frustration at this situation.

Best regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 06:26:37 PM »
CXX-328-51444

If you can help me as well....

Thanks in advance!!!

Regards

Marius 

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 12:53:22 AM »
It seemed like a useful program, so I bought Grimefighter.  Download and installation went well, restarted machine before running as I always do with any new software.  Program started up properly detected some alleged problems and prompted for reboot.  After the 'Cartoon', which I thought would be more at home in pre-schooler software, I got a notification it couldn't connect to internet.  Tried the retry button but ended up having to reboot to windows.  I connect by cable from ethernet card to DSL modem, hardwired to main.  I checked into this with my ISP, I found programs are not permitted to access through them without login.  As this is trying to go online without Windows, there is no way I can log in.  I have sent a request for a refund ticket as it is of no use to me, and so far haven't received any response.  I see in the forums this is not an isolated case, just wanted to know if I should resubmit, or just wait a few days.  By the looks of the forums there are a lot of refund requests, but a one line acknowledgement, even a standard form message would be appreciated.

I had the same initial problem as stated above, except when I wasn't able to connect to the internet, I restarted the PC to see if it was an intermittent issue that could be resolved with a simple reboot. Big mistake. Now I cannot boot Windows, or Refresh, or Restore. Safe mode cannot boot, nor can any of the other BIOS options. I am facing the potential loss of thousands of dollars of software and literally years of digital paintings that cannot be replaced. There needs to be something done about this immediately.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 07:03:36 PM »

I had the same initial problem as stated above, except when I wasn't able to connect to the internet, I restarted the PC to see if it was an intermittent issue that could be resolved with a simple reboot. Big mistake. Now I cannot boot Windows, or Refresh, or Restore. Safe mode cannot boot, nor can any of the other BIOS options. I am facing the potential loss of thousands of dollars of software and literally years of digital paintings that cannot be replaced. There needs to be something done about this immediately.
Do you have boot disc or have you created an emergency boot disc? If you have a CD or DVD that you can boot from, then try the "other" boot options and select a restore point created prior to using Grimefighter. If you have an image backup, you can use it to restore your system.???

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »
Hi KaptKwagga,

Your refund was processed today.  It can take a couple of days for your bank to process the refund but be sure it's been handled on our side.

Best regards,

Davidek

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
GVT-442-25719

Any chance you guys can help with my refund please?

Thanks

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »
GVT-442-25719

Any chance you guys can help with my refund please?

Thanks

The Refund process needs to run, have patience as the Holidays have put tickets behind. Should be running smoother shortly.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:27:24 AM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 04:23:29 AM »
Ticket#:     TLX-193-99201

I have same issue.  Seems like it was working great until it said  couldn't connect to internet.  :-\  Spent hours with it hoping it will work, but nothing. 

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 03:35:43 PM »
enjoy the thirty bucks for this piece of alpha crap, it's the last I, or anybody else I can influence will ever give you.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »
Hi ponc and mark,

I sent your refund requests to our refund team and asked them to expedite the process.

Binder, you never posted your ticket number here.  Did you get your refund?

I understand your frustration but I would also like to comment a bit; there isn't any software made that works perfectly on all the computers it is installed on.  I don't want to use that as an excuse because we are striving to make the product better and in the next few weeks and months that will happen.

Again, I feel your frustration and really apologize for that

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 06:19:24 PM »
I thought i was the only one.

Posted my refund request since 6th Jan. Heard nothing from avast till now. Hope you can help me out on this.

Ticket ID: CFJ-512-99456

:-\

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
Seems it's taking around 10-15 Business days. :)