Author Topic: Question about email confirmation  (Read 1788 times)

REDACTED

Question about email confirmation
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:53:13 AM »
Hello,I'm new to the forums,and had a quick question. I have Avast free,and just registered it today. right after that,checked my email and saw there was an email from avast,thanking me for registering and wanting me to click on a link to confirm the registration,which took me to an avast page where I had to create an account password.

my question is,was this a valid link? the only thing I see about getting an email from avast concerns registering offline,where you get an activation code. I registered online.this is my first time using Avast. ran a scan afterwards and a scan with Malwarebytes,but they didn't find anything.

REDACTED

Re: Question about email confirmation
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:21:42 AM »
actually found my answer here,in a topic from over 2 years ago:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94474.0

so,to answer my own question,yes,they do send you an email with a registration confirmation link when you register for a new account. and i did notice the header said it was from avast before I clicked on the link. just weird that it showed up in my spam folder rather than the regular folder,which had me worried. then again,I've had plenty of legitimate emails go to the spam folder for some reason over he years.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Question about email confirmation
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »
Welcome to the forums, sychomike13.

Thanks for posting the confirmation and the reference/information link.

It is nice to see people using the search function as there is a wealth of information for those that seek it - albeit sometimes hard to get the right search term to filter out the right information.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security