Author Topic: Avast Internet Security 2015 - scheduled scans  (Read 2655 times)

REDACTED

Avast Internet Security 2015 - scheduled scans
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:36:40 AM »
It looks like there is a scheduled scan that is happening and I want to modify it.  Twice today, my pc ran a scan and then shut down. I checked what I have scheduled.  The scan that shut down my pc wasn't one that I scheduled.  I schedule mine for after midnight.  The two times it ran and shut down were at 11 a.m. and 10 p.m.   Both times I was in the middle of something, and did not see that the scan had started. The report screen popped up and I went to close it and that's when Avast shut down the pc.  Is this normal? I'd like just use the scans I set up.

REDACTED

Re: Avast Internet Security 2015 - scheduled scans
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »
This is continuing to happen.  It's not a scan I set up.  My pc is being shut down after a scan that I didn't schedule.  I see the notice for a split second, asking me if I want to reboot/shut down and before I can click, it shuts down.  I've been through all the scans that I set up and it's not something I've scheduled.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:19:51 PM »
What OS/SP ?
What exact version of avast ?
Any other security (related) software installed ?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 10:54:48 PM »
I don't have any other security/av software running.  Only Avast.  I have the Windows stuff installed but it's turned off.  My pc is Windows 7.