Author Topic: Comodo won't install - Avast still remains  (Read 9449 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Comodo won't install - Avast still remains
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 06:01:41 AM »
KevTech@ you didn't feel the youtube video had not already explained it ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »
All assistance given appreciated and yes, Craig, the youtube video showed what to do quite adequately. Would have been better without the music as you say and with a spoken narrative rather than typed, but thanks again for helping out on this.

Unfortunately no improvement. Comodo Internet Security still wont install and still shows Avast Internet Security and Avast free as incompatible software , as shown in the extract of the report in my first post. Searching windows explorer and the registry for avast and asw shows nothing. No idea what to do now.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »
I'm out of ideas, the only thing I can think of is running the Avast and Comodo removal tool again - reboot and try installing a fresh downloaded copy of Comodo.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »
Comodo still won't install, not even the firewall on its own.

Is it possible there are remnants of older versions of Avast that the current removal tool or Rezjor's cleanup tool won't remove? i think I started using Avast with version 5 through to 9.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:25:21 AM by n02paranoid »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 11:33:22 AM »
Is it possible there are remnants of older versions of Avast that the current removal tool or Rezjor's cleanup tool won't remove? i think I started using Avast with version 5 through to 9.
Try the older tool (AswClear.exe), works for V4 to V8.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?msg=552606
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
Also check Device Manager " view/show hidden devices " just in case you have an Avast Firewall driver leftover in there as that would be the only reason I can think of for the standalone Comodo firewall to refuse installation.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:19:10 PM by CraigB »