Author Topic: Trojan virus won't go away. Chrome Talk.Gadget.Google - JS:ScriptPE-inf [Trj]  (Read 12547 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
My pleasure :)

REDACTED

Hi Essexboy,

The alert has come back. Again it's for my work gmail that it does it. Not my personal email.

Should this be something of concern as it could affect my work email's server through google?

Again it's only through the google hangouts chat. So if I turn off my Avast web shield, it finally loads, and then I can turn my web shield back on, and the alert doesn't pop up anymore. So it's only when trying to load hangouts for my work email.

Do you think I'm fine and shouldn't worry about this, or should I continue working with you to resolve?

Thanks.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Sounds like a problem with hangouts more than anything else, there may be an ad which is trying to redirect

REDACTED

I don't believe there is a way to remove or uninstall Hangouts from my computer, or even my browser. I think it's only connected to the email page. Is that correct?

Do you have any further suggestions?

Or do you think I'm probably fine and should ignore the alert?

Thanks.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Is hangouts a requirement ? As when you used the previous version you had no problems

REDACTED

Well, we do use them for work constantly for work, including the video chat / screenshare function.

It's just weird that it's only my work email hangouts. My personal google email hangouts does not get flagged.

Thanks.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
In that case it would suggest that you need your IT guys to look at the work system

REDACTED

Ok thanks Essexboy. I'll do that. I'll keep you updated if something is found.