Author Topic: No Internet Acess - Programs launch slowly  (Read 1878 times)

REDACTED

No Internet Acess - Programs launch slowly
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:29:17 AM »
I've had this issues for a long while, and just figured out that Avast! is the issue.  Avast works fine normally, but if for some reason I loose my internet, all (and I mean ALL) programs launch VERY slowly (maybe 45 seconds to launch notepad!).  Is there some setting that I can change to stop this???

Checking to see if it was Avast!
Normal (Avast! running, Internet connected)
     CCleaner takes about 1.5 seconds to launch
Normal (Avast! running, NO Internet access)
     CCleaner takes about 30 seconds to launch
Yikes! node (Avast! OFF, NO Internet access)
     CCleaner takes about 1.5 seconds to launch

Like I said, any help???

REDACTED

Re: No Internet Acess - Programs launch slowly
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
It usually happen for sometime.

Solution for your problem that i tried and tested by me.
 1st Part of the solution.
Go to start menu->search windows firewall with advanced security->right click on it->run as administraror->click windows firewall properties->now turn off windows firewall for each profile(domain,private,public)->click apply->click ok->exit it.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 11:43:57 AM »
Solution for your problem that i tried and tested by me.
 2nd Part of the solution.

Go to avast!UI->click settings->click active protection->click web shield button slider-click disable for 10 minutes->now click firewall button slider->disable for ten minutes->wait for a while usually around 2 to 5 minutes(depends on the circumstances)->re-enable all shields(web shield and firewall shield)->click ok button->exit avast!UI on the upper right of the screen->check if your internet connection is working.

If not reboot your modem,router,disconnect your ethernet cable etc.
Connect it again and follow the second part solution.

Disable your windows firewall since avast! Internet Security or avast! Premier is enough and much more stronger and better than windows firewall.

The 2nd Part solution is temporary the problem may come again follow the steps that i gave to you.

If problem persist contact avast support through the original one and not avast! Tech support(using avast! tech support is a third party support that avast hired which is not recommended if you want your problem to be fixed.) contact them using email.

(http://www.avast.com/en-us/support)

I wish this solution will help your problem to be fixed.  8)

Best Regards
David1008  ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
The solution that i gave to you will only apply when you are using avast! Internet Security or avast! Premier.

What i meant for the avast support is contact the developers of the program directly and not the customer service that avast hired.  :D