Author Topic: Is it possible to automatically delete malware if...  (Read 1655 times)

REDACTED

Is it possible to automatically delete malware if...
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »
I have a 2gb ram drive on which I store everything that I download and all programs are set to use it as Temp\Temporary Internet Files.

When I download something which is actually a malware,avast will abort the connection and move the downloaded file to the quarantine.
What I want is the real time scan to move files to the quarantine only if they don't come from the ram drive(otherwise,delete them directly,I don't need those quarantined files anyway but avast is saving them on my ssd drive)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Is it possible to automatically delete malware if...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »
you can in avast shield/scan settings tell avast what to do

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:10 PM »
Can you be a little more specific.
I know how to tell avast to directly delete infected files but not how to do that only for files coming from certain location(in my case drive X )

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 06:01:16 PM »
Sorry but there is no conditional deletion of files depending on location.

Whilst you can set a 1st action, 2nd action and 3rd action (and you can set the action from a drop down list), by detection type (Virus, PUP, Suspicious) - but that applies to all detections not detections from different locations.

Avast settings > Active Protection > File System Shield - Customise > Actions - this gives the detection type and the actions list - this however, isn't conditional by location.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security